Defensive inverted rubbers that are still good for looping and attacking?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hey guys,

I know that I have opened a few threads but this is not me asking 'the best' and neither am I asking for myself. I was just browsing the internet looking at defensive inverted rubbers, that have heavy backspin when chopping and pushing, but still more than capable at looping and attacking to finish points. This is what I was looking for and there really doesn't seem to be much out there on the internet about this.

So, in order to help others out there, has anyone got any reviews or advice for inverted defensive rubbers that are really good for creating good backspin when defending, but still good for looping and attacking if someone wants to open up or go on the offensive?

Xiom Vega Asia, Omega IV Asia (My favorites) 1.8mm and 2.0mm
Tenergy 05 1.9 and 1.7 thickness are good.
Marder II
Hurricanes Neo

You can loop with anything of course, and chop with anything of course...but I prefer to chop on the FH with fast attacking rubbers. If I go to a thinner defensive rubber then both my chop as well as my loop suffer.

For me, the tensors help manage the spin more and give me more control vs. spin as well... The depth and the distance are less of an issue for me, so fast tensors (for chopping) is better. For looping I pefer medium-fast speed tensors like the Vega Asia, which gives me the best of both worlds. this is a very individual thing obviously because many folks prefer slow rubbers for FH chopping.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hey guys,

I know that I have opened a few threads but this is not me asking 'the best' and neither am I asking for myself. I was just browsing the internet looking at defensive inverted rubbers, that have heavy backspin when chopping and pushing, but still more than capable at looping and attacking to finish points. This is what I was looking for and there really doesn't seem to be much out there on the internet about this.

So, in order to help others out there, has anyone got any reviews or advice for inverted defensive rubbers that are really good for creating good backspin when defending, but still good for looping and attacking if someone wants to open up or go on the offensive?

Hi,
I have the same problem, so if you found our " dream " rubber please send me a message.