Caoutchouc glue or water glue.

This user has no status.
It's very good

I use a Caoutchouc solution or "Natural rubber glue" used for arts and crafts (not for repairing shoes soles)

The performance is the same or even better than water based glue, and the price is unbeatable at < 2usd for a 750ml bottle. Also, it doesn't dry up while being in the bottle when stored for a long time which happened to me with DHS and Butterfly glues.

The drawbacks is the extremely short time you have to spread it in the sponge or blade surface (10 seconds) or it builds up, after that you can install the rubber in less than a minute or give it a second layer. If the glue touches the rubber sheet, it affects it for a few hours but then it returns to normal.

Easy to remove the rubber when it's needed, but it takes some time and effort to remove it from the sponge (easier when applying 2 layers in each surface) but for the price it's worth it since i have many rubbers and blades and I swap from time to time.

The composition available to you might differ, I suggest you to test it on an old rubber or on those pieces of rubber that remain after you cut them

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I use a Caoutchouc solution or "Natural rubber glue" used for arts and crafts (not for repairing shoes soles)

The performance is the same or even better than water based glue, and the price is unbeatable at < 2usd for a 750ml bottle. Also, it doesn't dry up while being in the bottle when stored for a long time which happened to me with DHS and Butterfly glues.

The drawbacks is the extremely short time you have to spread it in the sponge or blade surface (10 seconds) or it builds up, after that you can install the rubber in less than a minute or give it a second layer. If the glue touches the rubber sheet, it affects it for a few hours but then it returns to normal.

Easy to remove the rubber when it's needed, but it takes some time and effort to remove it from the sponge (easier when applying 2 layers in each surface) but for the price it's worth it since i have many rubbers and blades and I swap from time to time.

The composition available to you might differ, I suggest you to test it on an old rubber or on those pieces of rubber that remain after you cut them
Can you specify the brand or other reference for this glue please ?

This user has no status.
Can you specify the brand or other reference for this glue please ?

oh, it's just an inexpensive glue made by a company in my country called "Pegaucho".

You won't find it anywhere else, but you should look for anything with Caoutchouc or natural rubber in the description in the arts and crafts section of a hardware store

Last edited: