Hello everyone!

This user has no status.
London is not a tiny place, you might want to be a little more precise with your location to get the answers you seek.

You are right, actually Im moving to Bethnal Green during one month, but Im not sure in which part will I land. Trying to find a map of the clubs or something like that but I dont find it, just a few ones.

Thanks

You are right, actually Im moving to Bethnal Green during one month, but Im not sure in which part will I land. Trying to find a map of the clubs or something like that but I dont find it, just a few ones.

Thanks

Morpeth Table Tennis Club.

From Bethnal Green Underground Station it's one stop to Mile End (2 minutes journey time) followed by a 15 minute walk. Or you can go from Bethnal Green to Stepney Green with the Underground (total Journey time around 8 minutes) and then walk for 10 minutes. They are open Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 1800 - 2130, and Saturdays 1000 - 1600.

They are a busy club, with many tables, and a variety of player skill including some of the best players in London. They also have a room with a few Competition Tables (the kind you see on TV, not the ones that fold away and have wheels). Your first visit is free and membership is 120 pounds for the year for one adult, and half price if you're a student. There are also family and age based discounts (have a look on their website). It's really rather cheap considering the facilities, that it's open 5 days a week, and the players that play there. For sure it's where I would go if I lived in Bethnal Green.

The downside is that your first time there, before you get a membership that gives you a card to enter, you'll end up waiting outside until a member comes along and lets you in. They have a buzzer outside but I'm convinced it's a pretend. No one answered it for 30 minutes when I was there. Moral of the story: get there at 6 because if you're late you might be waiting a long time for a member to arrive and rescue you.

If you want to feel more at home, the main coach at Tiger & Dragon in Hammersmith, if I'm not mistaken, used to be very highly ranked as a Junior in Spain. But it's around 45 minutes away.