I am confused on my fh choise???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
My wood is Donic Power Allround

My bh i Hexer Powersponge 2,1 because i think its good with a thich bh rubber so its easy to blocl with speed and pushing. Sometimes i also open up with a bh loop.

My fh rubber i Stiga Boost TC max, i bought it new and cheap. I played with i yesterday but dont like the feeling of it. I use my fh most to opening loop with and to attack with.

Im newly back opererated again, and i would a fh rubber thats good for looping hitting close to the table.

I have played with Tergy 05 on fh, but its way to expensive

Can anyone suggest a good rubber for my fh and how thick????

This user has no status.
I think you do not like Boost TC because it is slightly difficult to loop with, and I agree, T series are gone way too far in price.
My recommendation is Mark-V.
It is quite balanced rubber when combined with wood blade.
It is not super fast, but very stable and surprisingly easy to loop with.
I am not sure if you like Mark V but I hear lot of people appreciate its touch.

Reactions: BeGo and Paccheco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Cheap options: Sanwei T88-I, Sanwei Target Both of them very good in close to table play. Extremely easy to loop with them. I rarely hit, only high balls, so I don't know.
A little higher price: Tibhar Evolution EL-P, Andro Rasant Powersponge. High-end rubbers with very good grip. Maybe Xiom Vega Europe.
Hexer doesn't fit your forehand? Without a video it's really hard to advice.
Mark V is a bit like Sriver: very easy to play with, quite good, but doesn't worth the money, I think.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
I think any medium/hard hight throw rubber will meet your needs. Like Rakza 7, Rising Dragon, Fastarc G-1, Omega IV Europa, Acuda S3, Baracuda, Hexer, Rasant Grip.....

But if you are on a budget there are chinese rubbers around 20USD that will perform as good as a 50USD rubber. The ones i tried and really like are 729 Higher, LKT Rapid Speed, LKT PRO XP.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I would say, if you like T05 but don't like the price, then the first place to start is one of these:

Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Xiom Vega Japan
Xiom Omega V Pro

Omega V Pro feels a lot like T05. Not exact but it feels like T05 than anything else I have tried. Vega Japan feels really similar but gets better spin and control. They are very close in feel to T05 but not quite as much spin, not quite as good. But barely noticeable.

MX-P feels nothing like T05 but it gets amazing spin. In performance this one is the closest thing to T05. It plays differently. It doesn't play or feel anything like T05. But, it is the only thing so close to being as good overall.

But, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three rubbers.

BTW: traditionally Stiga rubbers are low grip and low throw. They are very fast but not very spinny. I have really disliked pretty much every Stiga rubber I have tried.

I have not tried any of the Airoc rubbers. But, I am guessing that I still wouldn't like them even though I have heard they are better than older generation Stiga rubbers.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I triede Xiom rubbers earlier. They are good but fast looses the grip .
What about Joola Rhyzm is i good for fh

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hi hustler37 alot of options and suggestions and so easy to get confused, perhaps it might be worth trying out other peoples bats at your local club to see if you can find one that you like, if you cant do this then alot of the ones suggested like donic blue fire, xiom, rakza 7 are descent rubbers and you wont go wrong with those ones because as you play more you will try lots of different rubbers

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It looks like he already chose. More comments, especially ones like this:

I would go with a JP01 instead for FH and use JP02/JP03 as BH.

Will only confuse him and make him second guess his choice. He made a good choice. JP02 should be fine for your FH. The slightly softer sponge (than JP01) will give you nice control.

Reactions: Paccheco and Suga D
This user has no status.
It looks like he already chose. More comments, especially ones like this:

Will only confuse him and make him second guess his choice. He made a good choice. JP02 should be fine for your FH. The slightly softer sponge (than JP01) will give you nice control.

Sorry I forgot mention JP01 or JP02. But I's have to agree that JP02 might work out better for you especially with the plastic balls. JP01 I feel works better with celluloid balls.