Tenergy 64, 05, or 05 FX for BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Greeting dear table tennis community,

This is my first time making a thread here. I've been reading through the forum for quite some time now, and though it would be the perfect place for me to ask my question (well..which is quite obvious in the title..hehe):

I'm an offensive player of decent level, and have always been playing with offensive rubber. My style used to be an "attack everything you see" but now I've switched it to a more relaxed and "thinky" style, which is more dependent on varying between blocks and topspins and pushing my opponents into mistakes.
Around 6-7 months ago, I decided to switch from my Donic Epox PowerCarbon blade + Jp01 to my old Timo Boll ZLC with the DHS H3 on FH and Tibhar Evo MX-P on BH to help reduce my "instinct" to smash every ball I see.
I must admit this has worked pretty well, and I have decided to move back to my classic Timo Boll ALC (yeah, quite a collection), with a Tenergy 05 on my FH.
Now my BH remains the issue: I'm unsure whether T64 would be a better fit than 05 or 05-fx, since I'm used to having quite a fast rubber on BH, and since fast rubbers are said to be better for passive blocking (thus a better control for what my BH usually does) or if I should go with 05 or 05-fx to both fit my backhand topspin and blocking needs.

TL/DR: Attacking player, need good relatively fast yet good for passive blocking rubber for BH on TB ALC: T05, 05-fx or T64?

I really appreciate any answers, even ones with recommendations for my FH rubber or even blade, or just about any reply really.

Cheers,
-XcmKing

Edit: Also, suggestions on the different thicknesses would be very helpful :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Thanks for the reply.
I've seen this video many times, and each time I still learn smth new xD
Accordingly, seems like T64 would best suit my backhand.
However, I'm still unclear over the thickness I should stick to, so any additional help would be great.
Cheers!