Who do you think will win the 2016 Europe Top 16?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Andrej Gacina

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Stefan Fegerl

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Robert Gardos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gionis Panagiotis

• Tiago Apolonia

• Par Gerell

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The 2016 Europe top 16 is fast approaching and begins on the 5th February and concludes on the 7th February. Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov leads the men's singles standings.

Live streaming: Men's Singles Final! Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Joao Monteiro:
Table 1 stream: http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/livestream/2016-02-07-ittf-europe-top-16-cup-table-1

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles

Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov, the World #4 has entered the European Top 16 as the #1 seed.

dimitrijovtcharov2016.jpg

Dimitrij Ovtcharov no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

marcosfreitas2016.jpg

Portugal's Marcos Freitas enters the Europe Top 16 as the #3 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
02) Marcos Freitas
03) Vladimir Samsonov
04) Andrej Gacina
05) Stefan Fegerl
06) Robert Gardos
07) Gionis Panagiotis
08) Tiago Apolonia
09) Par Gerell
10) Simon Gauzy
11) Alexander Shibaev
12) Ruwen Filus
13) Kristian Karlsson
14) Bastian Steger
15) Joao Monteiro
16) Adrien Mattenet
Timo Boll has Withdrawn

Women Singles Seeds

petrissasolja2016.jpg

Petrissa Solja enters the Europe Top 16 as the #1 seed - Photo by: sportschau.de

01) Petrissa Solja
02) Elizabeta Samara
03) Hu Melek
04) Liu Jia
05) Georgina Pota
06) Tetyana Bilenko
07) Yanfei Shen
08) Polina Mikhailova
09) Sabine Winter
10) Wu Jiaduo
11) Sofia Polcanova
12) Ni Xialian
13) Kristin Silbereisen
14) Bernadette Szocs
15) Viktoria Pavlovich
16) Leila Oliveira

For full player entries click here.

What a great start to the year with the German Open last week, and now this week we will see the top European players take part in the Europe Top 16! Number 1 and 2 seeds Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Timo Boll will both be looking to find their form after both falling short in the quarter final hurdle in last weeks German Open World Tour. Marcos Freitas will definitely look to take the title as well as number 4 and 5 seed Vladimir Samsonov and Andrej Gacina. A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved in the TTD discussions!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular Top 16 event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
It's very satisfying for me to see Samsonov playing very aggressive against Ma Long in German Open.
I love his usual playstyle, which he choose not to take too much risk on shots.
He is also very fair-play-oriented guy as you can see that in his serves.
However, in this German Open, he chose to be more aggressive and to play more powerful balls.

I am very happy to see him playing aggressively because it reminds me of what he is capable of doing.
I hope he will win this tournament, but it seems like Ovcharov and Marcos are also in good shape.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
After his tremendous performance in the German Open, plus his remarkable consistency through the years, you would have to be a fool to count Vladi out getting to a final at least. Plus his new more aggressive style is killing a lot of the guys. I predict a Vladi Dima final, with Vladi edging it 4:3 or 4:2.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am not sure if ovtcharov is going to play. His recent form at german open made me thinking he needs some rest. Anyway if he is going to perform like in German Open, it will be very difficult to advance to the final. He can be beaten by apolonia, samsonov, fegerl and gionis. Freitas is also very predictable last time, he did not invent anything new to his game.
So I voted for samsonov strategy and experience, but also gauzy can cause some upset.
For the women I hope samara or pota, but since we have some chinese playing we never know what is going to happen.