If i used booster or oil, would this work?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
So currently, i have my rubbers that i bought in around Christmas time. Everytime i play, i play about 2-3 hours, which is a lot. Now that i have played a lot, i can see and feel that everytime i loop, the ball does not have a lot of spin as before, since the grip slowly degenerates. I feel like everytime this happens every 1-2 months after playing with them, that i need to change my rubber. Since i do not have the budget, i was wondering, are there oils that can be put on the top sheet that sort of adds grip back into the rubber? Also, if i were to boost, would it sort of rejuvenate my rubbers into sort of brand new each time i were to boost?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Yes you can use boosters to resurrect the spin and speed the way the rubbers use to play from day 1. It will require frequently every 2-4 weeks, when you notice the effects disappear, to reboost and reglue. So get some water based glue which is easier to remove and some oil and give it a try. You have nothing to lose and there are no disadvantages.

p.s The reason you see this change is because the original factory tune has dried out.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What Kokain said is good info.

And if it is the topsheet not grabbing, you could use a little WD40 on the topsheet and let it sink in. That restores some grip to the topsheet.

I have personally found MX-P quite good long after the original boost has worn off. But I have used WD40 on the topsheet 2x so far and that restored the grip to the topsheet pretty decently.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tibhar Evolution MX-P. I understand this rubber comes with come booster in it but after playing a while with it, the boost is basically gone and it is very hard for me to spin the ball now.

Hi Shiro, I understand where you are coming from and a LOT of elite amature players in USA who have used this rubber also feel this way... to a degree. The TOP END absolute awesome performance goes downhill after 40 hrs and by 60-80 hrs is completely gone. That doesn't mean you can't get great spin and speed outta MX-P, it just means the "TURBO" or POWER of GOR" phase is over and not coming back. Usually, when a rubber makes it to this stage, you trash it and get a new sheet.

MX-P however, is a special rubber that will endure in that state as only a "great" or "really good" rubber. If you know how to grab and sling it at the moment of dwell, MX-P will be a good rubber for you as at that stage, it is a LOT more insensitive to incoming spin and if your impact is "right" you can sling it with hte best of 'em for months to come. Aurus is like that too.

Most rubers are designed to have an effective playing life of 80 hrs, so if you play 4 times a week at 2-3 hrs, you are doing 40 hrs a month minimum and at the end of two months, the best absolute top end performance is long gone for sure. I have found Tenergy to have that AWESOME phase done and finished at the 2 week mark and a sharp downhill trend after that. Even so, that rubber, if you re-glue it would be better than a lot of modern rubbers. I gave up T05 at $70 USD or higher, it just wasn't worth it for me.

MX-P has a great qualities that lst for months after the awesome phase is done.

I don't wanna beat down on your technique or anything, so don't mis-understand me. If you have the ability to feel the ball at impact and maximize your acceleration and shoot it out at that moment, MX-P will still have a very high level of performance and consistency for another 150-200 hrs of play time. You simply cannot ask for more than that out of a rubber. We players abuse rubbers too much for them to hold up.

One of the reasons I like colestt.com provided XP 2008 on BH is that even though the rubber oxidized out at the 60-80 hr mark, you could still play it for another 200-300 hrs and it only cost $8 USD and had great control/stability/predictability so it waz a great BH rubber for me for years. Why do I not use it any moar? Nexy Elips is even more so a rubber for BH and an emergency FH rubber. I still haven't seen nexy come up with a rubber suitable for my FH, but the new Karis about to hit the market has promise.

Stick with MX-P for another couple months and see how you adapt. next level has made MANY posts about how good MX-P keeps going on after booster stage benefits are gone like expired health insurance.

Reactions: rokphish
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
An NO, Cole did not officially sponsor me or anyone as far as I know, but he hooked up Soldiers with every order I placed whaile out of america and maybe every order I place while in America. He get people into table tennis in his way while keeping low profile, what a pro.

EDIT: older forumers know me, but new forum members may not know I did 30 yrs time in my country's military and Cole waz super appreciative of Soldiers and he helped MANY out DIRECTLY through his extra stuff he added to my orders. Agree or disagree with HOW the military does stuff, still if a country does not have a strong military, that country will soon be over-run by another country's military and speaking a new language and learning the new customs of an invading neighbor country. That is the way of countries throughout history. Ask old school 80 yr old+ Koreans who had to suddenly learn Japanese about that or the ghosts of hundreds yrs old Koreans.

Last edited:
Reactions: rokphish
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
What Kokain said is good info.

And if it is the topsheet not grabbing, you could use a little WD40 on the topsheet and let it sink in. That restores some grip to the topsheet.

I have personally found MX-P quite good long after the original boost has worn off. But I have used WD40 on the topsheet 2x so far and that restored the grip to the topsheet pretty decently.

Carl has seen my blades rubbers several times and visually, they were always trashed beyond useful life and Carl always said so much on the forums each time and possibly wondered how I could still operate using such obviously worn rubbers.

I rarely rejuvenate my own rubbers. i just wipe them on my shirt, wave the bat to dry the rubbers, and toss the bat in my bat case. (often in disgust if I lost my last match) Carl saw a lot of that too !!

Having said that, a 75/25 mixture of Olive Oil and Lemon Juice is a great rubber cleaner and temporary restoring easy yo do process. Even so, I did that only at a Korean club where i had to show Koreans how to restore their rubbers after they used the same one for 1.5 yrs 3 hrs a day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Carl has seen my blades rubbers several times and visually, they were always trashed beyond useful life and Carl always said so much on the forums each time and possibly wondered how I could still operate using such obviously worn rubbers.

I rarely rejuvenate my own rubbers. i just wipe them on my shirt, wave the bat to dry the rubbers, and toss the bat in my bat case. (often in disgust if I lost my last match) Carl saw a lot of that too !!

Having said that, a 75/25 mixture of Olive Oil and Lemon Juice is a great rubber cleaner and temporary restoring easy yo do process. Even so, I did that only at a Korean club where i had to show Koreans how to restore their rubbers after they used the same one for 1.5 yrs 3 hrs a day.

Wow Der_ Echte. Thanks for the advice. Yeah, like when i first got the rubber, playing was a breeze. I can top spin so easily with no problem. Now with the rubber after 2 months of play and about 4-6 hours of play a week, it is very difficult for me to loop a ball with even the lightest about of topspin. I was trying to come up with a way to sort of save my rubbers without having to toss them early due to this.

This user has no status.
4-6 hours per week is actually not so much and after 2 months you should still be able to generate a usual topspin. I've got around 12-20 hours per week and i have to do a reasonable change mostly in month 3 if i dont want to feel to big difference. And i've never boosted in my life. This super power effect is dissapearing for me already after 1-2 trainings. Perhaps you should check your technique again if you are not hitting the ball to full and like this not using the full effect what you can get from the friction between rubber and ball

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As much as it sounds like the arrogant elite fool saying "it's ur technique stupid !!"... I agree it is technique if you do not generate really heavy topspin with MX-P when it is 100 hrs old. It really isn't all that difficult, so don't be discouraged. it is a matter of feel and the ability to accelerate the bat to the max right when it is on the rubber. It is a catch and throw thing. The dwell isn't all that long, but even a worn sheet of MX-P can make some serious spin.

Reactions: fais
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I still say, trying to rejuvenate the topsheet, is worth it.

I use A small amount of WD40 on my topsheet and it really restores
The grip well. Der_Echte likes olive oil and lemon. Take your pick. I like mine because it takes 30 seconds and works really well. Olive oil and lemon might work just as well. I am sure it does.

Take your pick. Do something to restore the grip of the topsheet. Tell us how that goes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
I still say, trying to rejuvenate the topsheet, is worth it.

I use A small amount of WD40 on my topsheet and it really restores
The grip well. Der_Echte likes olive oil and lemon. Take your pick. I like mine because it takes 30 seconds and works really well. Olive oil and lemon might work just as well. I am sure it does.

Take your pick. Do something to restore the grip of the topsheet. Tell us how that goes.

Just to make sure about the WD40, do you just like spray it on and let it dry on the rubber? or is it like you spread it around and then remove the extra amount? Also, does it in anyway affect the rubber in any bad way?

This user has no status.
A problem is that a lot of players choose much to fast equipment what is not fitting to their level of technique. The short dwell time combined with better arc results in somewhat "crippeled" movements, what means they are playing ok with new rubbers and its nearly impossible to do a topspin for them with used rubbers. As not pro or rich man you have to work hard for your spin :D

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just to make sure about the WD40, do you just like spray it on and let it dry on the rubber? or is it like you spread it around and then remove the extra amount? Also, does it in anyway affect the rubber in any bad way?

You spray a dot about the size of a USA quarter (25 cent coin) on the topsheet and spread it on the whole topsheet and it sinks into the topsheet.

Any time you add an oil to a rubber, the oil breaks down the bonds in the rubber and in the long run, (years) makes the rubber break down faster. But in the short run (weeks) makes the topsheet grab more. So, when a rubber is new it is foolish to do something like this. But if a rubber's topsheet has lost its grip and is no longer working how it is supposed to, this will make it grab better for 2-4 weeks. And then you do it again and again until it really stops working and the rubber is fully dead.

This user has no status.
You spray a dot about the size of a USA quarter (25 cent coin) on the topsheet and spread it on the whole topsheet and it sinks into the topsheet.

Any time you add an oil to a rubber, the oil breaks down the bonds in the rubber and in the long run, (years) makes the rubber break down faster. But in the short run (weeks) makes the topsheet grab more. So, when a rubber is new it is foolish to do something like this. But if a rubber's topsheet has lost its grip and is no longer working how it is supposed to, this will make it grab better for 2-4 weeks. And then you do it again and again until it really stops working and the rubber is fully dead.

I don't need to rejuvenate my rubbers but i'm curious of the how it's done. If i understand right, you guys are saying i can put something on the topsheet or revove the rubbers and apply to the sponge? Is there a video of how to do that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I don't need to rejuvenate my rubbers but i'm curious of the how it's done. If i understand right, you guys are saying i can put something on the topsheet or revove the rubbers and apply to the sponge? Is there a video of how to do that?

It's basically two different things.
One thing is reviving an old topsheet. The other is sponge expansion that causes the topsheet to stretch.

I just found this video for topsheet reviving.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I just take my fingers, dip into bowl I put a little oil and lemon juice, and rub around the topsheet dip into bowl a few times. I rub it in for maybe one minute liberally, not dripping off topsheet, then wipe with towel dry. I allow rubber to sit another few minutes, then it is ready for battle.

Not very difficult or expensive to try. This is also a good way to clean a topsheet that water will not clean.

You could also get the spray can of RUBBER ROLLER cleaner, the kind they use to clean newspaper making machine rubber rollers, but like carl said, that stuff cleans phenomenal, but over the years, will kill a rubber. But what the heck, the useful life for a rubber is 80-100 hrs of play, so what you got to lose.