Guide: Rubber cut to absolute perfection !

This user has no status.
I was looking for an instruction video on how to assemble my first custom bat when I came across the superb HQ video below.

The assembly is videoed brilliantly but what really blew me away was the high quality & blistering fast rubber cut performed at 6:30.
I Had to rewind and watch it back a few times. Worth checking out - Rubber P0rn :p

I bet most assemblers can't cut as perfect or fast. I'm truly impressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainBit
This user has no status.
I hope so.

I just bought a pair of very lightly used Baracuda rubbers for my spare Nittaku AC blade and it looks like the guy used his teeth to cut the rubber. After seeing the bad job on the rubbers it prompted me to look into how to do a proper job and I came across the mentioned video.

I think I will prefer to use a blade like the one in the video as opposed to scissors. I'm bit of a perfectionist and the scissors cut will never be good enough compared to a clean blade cut.

Any tips on how to minimise chances of cutting into the blade itself ?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I hope so.

I just bought a pair of very lightly used Baracuda rubbers for my spare Nittaku AC blade and it looks like the guy used his teeth to cut the rubber. After seeing the bad job on the rubbers it promoted me to look into how to do a proper job and I came across the mentioned video.

I think I will prefer to use a blade like the one in the video as opposed to scissors. I'm bit of a perfectionist and the scissors cut will never be good enough compared to a clean blade cut.

Any tips on how to minimise chances of cutting into the blade itself ?

I've seen people cut perfectly with scissors as well as some types of blades. I use a xacto knife myself, and yes I have cut the the wood of my blade a bit before. Just need to be careful. I also dip the blade in water to reduce surface tension.

Reactions: Mar5kid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
What was the first layer of glue for? At our local TT store, only one layer of glue is used on the rubber and then one layer on the blade.

Some rubbers do not stick good enough to some blades while using some glue. I also have to use two layers to glue Evolution to my blade, otherwise it may peel off.

This user has no status.
Different rubbers are different easy to cut. For example 729 FX Super have a brittle sponge making scissors cutting look smooth like knife cutting. On the other hand very soft and very elastic rubbers will be hard for knife if it isnt super sharp. I failed to cut a Stiga Magna TCII even with a new blade for my knife.