Neo Hurricane 2 , 3 or 8 on a Stiga Clipper Blade ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hi guys ! Ive been playing for 3 years with my DHS H-WL blade with a Neo Hurricane 2 on the forehand and several different rubbers on my backhand! I really like the offensive driving style close to the table and mid distance . Recently my friend switched from a Clipper to a BTY Zhang Jike Blade and i will acquire his Clipper to try a 7 ply- wood blade.

I was wondering if i should again buy a Neo Hurricane 2 or try the Neo Hurricane 3 or Hurricane 8 on the forehand ! Is it worth getting the newer Hurricane 8 if we're not playing with the new plastic ball , but with the old ball ? And how is the durability of the H3 and H8 compared to the H2 , as i've found that the H2 is very durable ?

On the backhand i'll probably use Galaxy/Yinhe Moon or Saturn. My main focus will be on training and improving my technique of the chinese style forehand , based on that i would like to hear your opinion on which would be the better forehand rubber between the 3 ?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
It's been quite sometime when I tried both, but if I remember correctly the Clipper is softer and slower a little bit compared to the H-WL. Durability on Hurricane is mostly good, although, every now and then you get bad ones. I'd say continue with the same rubber for now, after trying it for awhile you can have some idea whether to continue or get something else. Clipper being softer and slower might give you better control, and could effect on your strokes a bit. And also if you like the feel of the blade as it's quite different compared to the H-WL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I like all the DHS Neos and think they are much the same even though there are slight differences in the sponge thickness and the pips but the difference is very small.

I have not tried H8. Dan did a review on H8. What was interesting is what Dan didn't say.

I would stick with the H3 Neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I haven't played with Chinese rubber since the start, but recently trying a couple out. I prefer H8 simply because of a couple of things , its tacky and gives you greater control on the short game and serve receive. its tackier than H3 but the sponge is more booosted and easier to smash with compared to H3. I would advise you to try it and you might actually like it.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Definitely go for the H8 ... This one is the evolution in Hurricane rubbers .I have played all of them and there is big difference in each of them . but this H8 i feel the best ... Just love it and it has stayed on my FH side ... and i`m changing blades a lot but H8 is always on FH side .
Great short Game .. great spin great counter , great block ...it is good on all wood and also with carbon blades this is the best over the table and mid distance Rubber i have ever played with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Thanks for the replies ! I don't mind trying the newer H8 , but i've read about it and saw Dan's review that it's developed for the new plastic ball , while we in Bulgaria still play mainly with the celluloid ones. Will H8 somehow be at a disadvantage , compared to the Neo H rubbers ment for VOC free glue and celluloid ball or it doesn't matter and it will just be faster then the rest ? I also never boost or speed glue rubbers , as i find it a waste of my time and resource , I focus on improving instead . I don't know if that is also a factor in choosing between the 3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
If you are playing well with dhs h-wl, which is considered a very fast and hard blade, i really think that there is no necessity of going to clipper, as clipper is slow, compared to h-wl.
But if ejing is what it is, then you may go for it. Now about rubber, since you are still using celluloid ball, h8 won't be correct choice as it does not play well with old balls as per reviews, if you check it out.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk