Looking for Singaporean members!

This user has no status.
I go every year to Singapore and play at several TT clubs there. Some of the places I've been to are: Braddell, Choa Chu Kang, Tiong Bahru, Yishun, a couple I can't remember the names.

Just wondering if there are Singaporean members here who would like to play with me the next time I go to Singapore.

Next visit would be in some time in March. Not entirely sure when but most likely between first to third week of March because I'll be going to China on early April. Reason of not entirely sure yet on the date is I'm waiting if there are some members who would like to play with me, then I would work with their schedules. If several people are available on first week of March then I'll go then, or on the second or third week of March. I would prefer to go there during week days and can play any time during the day morning, afternoon, night with some caveats.

Here's the format of my free time to play TT while in Singapore:
Day 1: free in the afternoon and night (usually free after 3 pm or earlier)
Day 2: free after mid-morning (usually free after 10 am)
Day 3: free in the morning to afternoon (evening flight leaving Singapore)

Post here or send me pm.

Looking forward to meeting and playing with some of the Singaporean members!

This user has no status.
No Singaporean members here? ;(

I now have fixed schedule: Wednesday to Friday, March, 16-18th.

Wednesday afternoon: 1-5pm at Braddell CC
Wednesday night: still looking for a place

Thursday morning: 10 am to 2 pm Yishun Sports Hall
Thursday night: was planning to go to Choa Chu Kang CC but my friend is busy at that date, so still open on where to play for Thursday night

Friday morning to afternoon: prefer to find a new place to try out somewhere central or toward the east, otherwise I might go to one or both of these places: 10 am to 2 pm Yishun Sports Hall and/or 1 pm to 5 pm at Braddell CC.

If you're too shy to post here, you could PM me.

Cheers! ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
here's the report for the Table Tennis in Singapore short trip 2016

Day one

Leaving 5.15 am from the house to go to the airport for the 7.30 am flight to Singapore.
Arrive at 11 am. Went straight to the hospital for blood tests and MRI.
12794594_10208781365833333_2378767483112307452_n.jpg

After the hospital went straight to the first club to play some TT. :D :D
12523966_10208781366353346_4160684237676078431_n.jpg

After playing, I had about 3 hours before the next TT at 8pm, decided to visit one of the TT stores. Went there, looked around, didn't find anything that interest me, so walked out without buying anything, quite disappointed.
I went to the hostel to check-in, get some dinner then headed to another venue to play.

Initially was looking forward to meet some forum members, but at the end no one is able to go out and play. I found this venue in the meetup website. It was full and I signed-up for the waiting list, in the afternoon got the notice that someone backed out and I was in. I was keen to go because it's a new place. Turned out the place was huge, although just a small portion in the back is in use for table tennis. Nice, air conditioned place to play.
12801564_10208781366393347_1768505068144064731_n.jpg

During play, I got cramp on my right leg. Thus dampened the rest of the trip somewhat.

Day two.
In the morning went back to the hospital to see the doctors discussing the result of the tests the day before. So far so good. See you again next year!

Decided to get brunch before going to play some TT.
10410233_10208781365353321_8678583800953086022_n.jpg

Singapore's MRT is very good.
12671710_10208781364753306_7298552380395916867_o.jpg

Yishun Sports Hall
They have several sections on the sides set up for table tennis. Even have one side put aside exclusively for people with disability.
10399605_10208781365553326_8810488838902672739_n.jpg

Good thing that after some warm-up, during play my leg didn't bother me at all. It went back after play though, worse than before.

Decided to have a night off table tennis, get some shopping done.
Got distracted with shopping and finally got some late dinner before going back to the hostel.
11181181_10208781485956336_5556433931851871674_n.jpg

At day one at the night play, got cramp on my right leg, pain not too excruciating, just a sharp cramp pull when going up the stairs, and some movements. When moving during play with small paying attention to the leg, it hurt, but surprisingly when I got serious playing with active feet work, I didn't feel any pain. Until after playing it came back again. Worsen on day two.
1463128_10208782405419322_7239932295156549336_n.jpg

Day three.

Hit both tt clubs before leaving.
In the morning went back to Yishun and in the afternoon went back to Braddell for some TT.
The hostel let me put my stuff there during the day even though I checked out in the morning, and they graciously let me took a shower in the afternoon before leaving for the airport.

I stayed at The Bohemian Chic Hostel. Very recommended, spent roughly USD$23/night there. Very good location, very very near to MRT station.

Before going I asked both clubs what kind of balls they're using. The one at Braddell said Nittaku 40+, the one at Yishun said Nittaku Premium/DHS, all plastic. Here in Indonesia most places still play with old celluloid balls, with some trying/transitioning with the new plastic balls.
At another thread I posted that I bough several brands of plastic balls: Nittaku Premium, DHS, Yinhe, Xushaofa. Due to the (bad) timing of buying them close to my trip to Singapore, I decided to stick with one and play with it most of the time at my club (unless they requested to use old celluloid ball).
I find Nittaku Premium is very good, very similar to Butterfly celluloid, albeit slightly heavier. Considerably heavier than DHS celluloid.
Now, when I get to the first club, after a couple of hits I noticed something's wrong, I grabbed the ball and looked at it, turned out they are playing with 3 star Nittaku Sha made in China. My conclusion after playing two different times at the same club: they are bad. I won't play with it any more even if given free, I would sell them and buy me other balls.
At Yishun, they turned out playing with other ball as well. They are using Sanwei 3 star plastic ball. I was quite surprised about the quality. Certainly much better than the Nittaku Sha made in China. I still prefer Nittaku Premium but this is not too far behind. I wouldn't mind playing with this ball.

I found that all people at the three places I play with were very hospitable. Kudos!
During my stay, found out a name of a place where (more) serious/high level players are playing, Copytron, I'm going to try it out next year.

Lastly, when I was there, I met with someone who invented an alternative method for penholders, a way to improve stability in movements in the way of making sure the grip is stable. Since I don't play with penholder style, I can't attest this personally, but listening to him explaining the grip and the benefits, it really make sense. Here's a shot of the grip, and a link to his website: http://curfmastersports.com/new-penhold-vs-handshakewttc-2016-kl-malaysia.html

12592252_10208782497661628_8478434084939878400_n.jpg

I don't have any stake in the product, so, not trying to sell anything here. I'm also waiting and open when they decide to offer the grip by itself so I can have some friends who play penholder to give it a try.

Next: Table Tennis in China (April-May 2016)

Last edited: