Tenergy Advice - T05 to T05fx

Evening/Morning TTD users

I need your advice.

Currently I play in the 1st Division of my local league winning about 85% however I have an issue.

I am a penholder and I use T05 on my forehand which is great I get a huge amount of spin on serves and sensitivity isn't an issue as one of my strongest attributes is my service return.
My issue is that I feel that T05 is a bit too fast with my current blade (DHS Hurricane Hao 2) which means that I can't always do a full correct forehand stroke and my blocks sometimes go off the table which in result is costing me about 3 points per set.

I've been looking at T05fx as a different option for my forehand as its a bit slower with more control however in a lot of the reviews I've been looking at people have been saying its a BH rubber. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with T05fx and could advise if it can be used on FH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Hello Pricey,compared to Tenergy05, Tenergy05FX is a bit softer and hasslightly more dwell time.
I had been playing with Hurricane Hao 2 for a short while except it'sa shakehand version.

In my opinion, you shouldn't have any issue with T05FX on FH. However, youmight get a mushy
feel on FH because Hurricane Hao 2 isn't a stiff blade.
If you tend togenerate lots of spin with FH
then I guess it will be worth trying, but be prepared to adapt to adifferent stroke timing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Try tenergy t80 ot t80fx. Less sensitive to incoming spin

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I personally like T05 and believe there is no rubber better than that , but for the prohibitive price :( . However, you have multiple options to try out. I would try T64 instead of FX , because FX is a recreational sponge and I have heard butterfly coaches denouncing it. I have played with it early on and was not very impressed with it on my backhand.

If you don't like 64, you could try 80 or open up the world of rubber a little bit and go for OMEGA IV Pro.

I have played with both OMEGA IV Pro and TIbhar Evolution MXP on my backhand and liked them , however by your description you might not like MX P because its a tad too fast to begin with but later becomes manageable . But then I like fast rubbers on my Backhand .

Worth noting, I am just suggesting rubbers I have played with and happened to like. There are tons of rubbers out there and the best thing is to try them out unless you could get a neutral , not sponsored :) coach to see you play and suggest a rubber. You could post a video of yourself here and have us look at your game . There are quite a few pro coaches and equipment experts in this forum who might be able to help you better if you showed them how you play and tell them what problems you are facing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I tried switching from T05 to T05fx but didn't like it because the throw angle was lower and a lot of power is needed to keep speed & spin while in long distance.

But it has better control than T05 and slower but if your playstyle is close-mid to the table then this is a good rubber. Better in short services.
It is better to play active in this rubber because you can really feel the soft sponge

Good for hard blades like my xiom stradivarius

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi Pricey, I think you would be fine with using tenergy 05fx on your forehand. I've had experience of people switching from 05 to 05fx and really enjoying it. I think the softer sponge will help give you that extra feel and slightly slower speed. Good luck! :)
Agree. [emoji4]

Too add,

Rubber ideal parameters for looping, spinny and fast, like Tenergy 05, are naturally opposing ideal parameters for blocking, unspinny and slow, like Flextra, so

Blocking with Tenergy shall always difficult*, sorry, and,

Better rubber for blocking, like Bluefire JP 3, or using slightly thinner rubber, may make Your looping capabilities suffer. [emoji6]

*I am sure Hurricane 3 users say otherwise, Tenergy is easier for blocking. [emoji14]

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the comments guys much appreciated I've done some more research and have been using Andro Rasant Powersponge which I feel is perfect has the perfect amount of spin and speed I need and I'm able to control it in every aspect [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeGo