Which team do you want to win at the 2016 World Championships?

• China

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hong Kong

• Austria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sweden

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • France

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
World Team Table Tennis Championships sponsored by Perfect, 28 Feb - 06 Mar 2016, Malaysia​

The World Team Table Tennis Championships is just around the corner with the action beginning in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday 28th February and concluding on Sunday 6th March 2016.

Live matches from the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2016 can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat with TTD members.

What a year 2016 has been so far with recent World Tours. The next major event in store for the table tennis World will be the upcoming World Team Table Tennis Championships! Reigning World team champions China, won the championships in 2014 defeating Germany in the final by 3 matches to 1. Dimitrij Ovtcharov was the player taking a match against China in the Final defeating Zhang Jike in 3 straight sets. Can Germany go closer this year and defeat China or can another team pose a threat on the formidable Chinese National Team?

Which country will be crowned this years Men's and Women's Team World Champions?

dimwin2014jike.jpg

Dimitrij Ovtcharov recorded exceptional 3-0 win over Zhang Jike in 2014 World Team Champs!

So I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2014! Lets get things under way! Who have you voted in the TTD WTTTC 2016 poll?

Men's Team Seedings

china2014worldchampions.jpg

Chinese National Men's Team Champions 2014 in Tokyo - photo by: Remy Gros

Schedule - Groups - Championship Division - Second Division - Third Division

Team and players

01) China - (Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, Fang Bo, Liang Jingkun)
02) Germany - (Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Timo Boll, Ruwen Filus, Bastian Steger, Patrick Franziska)
03) Japan - (Jun Mizutani, Koki Niwa, Maharu Yoshimura, Yuya Oshima, Kenta Matsudaira)
04) Korea Republic - (Joo Se Hyuk, Jung Youngsik, Lee Sangsu, Jang Woojin, Jeong Sangeun)
05) Portugal - (Marcos Freitas, Tiago Apolonia, Joao Monteiro, Joao Geraldo, Chen Diogo)
06) Hong Kong - (Ho Kwan Kit, Tang Peng, Jiang Tianyi, Lam Siu Hang, Wong Chun Ting)
07) Austria - (Chen Weixing, Robert Gardos, Daniel Habesohn, Stefan Fegerl, Dominik Habesohn)
08) Sweden - (Kristian Karlsson, Par Gerell, Mattias Karlsson, Anton Kallberg)
09) France - (Simon Gauzy, Emmanuel Lebesson, Quentin Robinot, Benjamin Brossier, Tristan Flore)
10) Chinese Taipei - (Chen Chien-An, Chiang Hung-Chieh, Liao Cheng-Ting, Yang Tzu-Yi, Lin Yun-Ju)
11) Russia - (Alexander Shibaev, Kirill Skachkov, Alexey Liventsov, Grigory Vlasov, Mikhail Paikov)
12) Poland
13) Croatia
14) Belarus
15) Greece
16) Denmark
17) Czech Republic
18) England
19) Romania
20) Ukraine
21) Italy
22) Singapore
23) Korea DPR
24) Malaysia

Full list of Men's teams here.

Women's Team Seedings

womenchina2014team.jpg

Chinese National Women's Team Champions of 2014 in Tokyo. Photo by: cntv.cn

In 2014 the Chinese National Women's team won the World Team Championships posting a 3-0 victory over host nations Japan. Who will be crowed this years Women Team Champions?

Schedule - Groups - Championship Division - Second Division - Third Division

Team and players

01) China
02) Japan
03) Netherlands
04) Hong Kong
05) Singapore
06) Korea Republic
07) Germany
08) Chinese Taipei
09) Korea DPR
10) Romania
11) Austria
12) Poland
13) Russia
14) Ukraine
15) Czech Republic
16) Hungary
17) Spain
18) Thailand
19) France
20) USA
21) Belarus
22) Sweden
23) Brazil
24) Malaysia

Full list of Women's teams here.

This is going to be a fantastic tournament so lets get started by discussing the seeds. We can use this discussion as a means to display all the latest results, news, and more from this spectacular event! What are your predictions from each division?

This user has no status.
The question is NOT who will win..
The question is:
WHO WILL BE SECOND AND THIRD ???
That is the real question, as from the beginning till the end everybody knows who will win it..
So I guess we need a new poll ;-)
The problem is, you and a lot of other guys are misunderstanding the poll. The question is not who is going to win the tournament, the question is who YOU WANT to win it. If everyone got that right I doubt China would have that much votes.

I voted for Germany but any other Europe team winning the WTTTC would be so great as well. Unfortunately there is hardly any chance that this will happen :D

Anyway, looking forward to that great event. I love it, watching live streams, compilations and everything :cool:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
07) Austria - (Chen Weixing, Robert Gardos, Daniel Habesohn, Stefan Fegerl, Dominik Habesohn)

Due to illness, Daniel Habesohn won't be able to play. He will be replaced by Werner Schlager :D Fantastic!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I voted for Austria because I want to see Schlager play well! :D I'm looking forward to seeing him again :)

Lucky for China, New Zealand aren't in the championship division or i'd be going after Ma Long :p hah

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Official post from Dima's FB page.

Unglaublich harte und schwere Entscheidung für mich: Aufgrund von Rückenproblemen muss ich meinen Start bei den #ITTFWorlds2016 absagen. Im Olympiajahr will ich nichts riskieren. In den nächsten Wochen werde ich ein Reha-Programm absolvieren und hoffe, dass ich danach wieder voll belastbar bin!

Very bitter and very hard decision. I have to withdraw from the World Championchips in Malaysia due to heavy back problems. Now I will try to recover as soon as possible and to come back even stronger. #RoadtoRio

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
What a shock this decision is :(
Can't believe he plays unimportant events like Energis Master, Swiss Open etc. but then is not 100% fit for a World Championship -.-

#justtabletennisthings

I don't think he injured himself while playing... He must have tried some kinky Kama Sutra at home...too bad...
Thats why coaches are all against S.X b4 a big competition....

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The problem is, you and a lot of other guys are misunderstanding the poll. The question is not who is going to win the tournament, the question is who YOU WANT to win it. If everyone got that right I doubt China would have that much votes.

I voted for Germany but any other Europe team winning the WTTTC would be so great as well. Unfortunately there is hardly any chance that this will happen :D

Anyway, looking forward to that great event. I love it, watching live streams, compilations and everything :cool:

Yep. It is funny. Either everyone wants China to win, or most people misread the question the poll is asking.

I would love to see anyone win aside from China. That is not likely to happen. But, it still would be great for the sport for any other country to win.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Yep. It is funny. Either everyone wants China to win, or most people misread the question the poll is asking.

I would love to see anyone win aside from China. That is not likely to happen. But, it still would be great for the sport for any other country to win.
LOL I totally misread the question... I would like to see the best team win. Unfortunately since the glory of Sweden in 2000, China has been superior to all of their opponents (I think 7 times since 2000). I really hope for any upsets for the men teams the ones I think would have a chance now would be Japan, Germany, Portugal, Sweden, Austria and for the women teams I only see Japan, Korea or DPRK as compititors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews

sh!t! You are right, I didnt see that, damn! :D
Then my vote goes to Japan, because Ovtcharov is not playing..

Reactions: Suga D