Need advice for new bat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hi Tabletennisdaily!
I got my first salary today and looking forward to buy a new blade. I never had a good blade but i have been using Stiga boost TP on my fore hand and hurricane 3 at my back hand, i really like these rubbers and used to play with them, works good for me. I am looking forward to buy butterfly ALC. My question is would this combination work?? if not then please suggest me a good blade or rubbers. I am looking forward to buy my first good blade..lol

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Which Butterfly ALC bat. They have a lot of blades with ALC. They are all expensive though. I personally would not spend more than $65.00 on my first blade if I was you. There are a lot of great blades that are under $65.00.

Here is a list of some of them.

Stiga Tube Allround
Stiga Energy Wood
Stiga Allround Evolution
Stiga Allround Oversize
Stiga Offensive Classic
Stiga Clipper Classic
Avalox P-500
Avalox P-700
Avalox BT-550
Avalox BT-555
Avalox BT-777
Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V1
Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V1
Donic Waldner Senso V1
Andro Temper Tech OFF-

I have made a few assumptions. I am assuming that you are an offensive minded player based on the fact that you said you wanted to by a Butterfly blade that had Arylate Carbon. All of the blades listed above are between $35.00-$65.00. All of them are excellent. I have tried all of them. Every one of them plays very well and has something worth while about it. If they were given speed ratings they would all be either Off, Off- or All+. Most Offensive minded players who do not have a lot of experience playing with all different blades, think that, because they are offensive players they should play with a faster blade. This is not really true. An offensive player who wants to develop his/her skills is usually better off using a blade that is rated Off- or All+. But the blades that are rated Off on the list above are good as well. With a slightly slower blade, you do not loose power or speed, you really just gain more of an ability to spin the ball and control your shots.

I would also read reviews of the products you are thinking about. This is a good source for looking at reviews:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I play shakehand, I got good serves, I have normal forehand but a powerful backhand, I have tried stiga blade with hurricane and it didn't suite me, I need something with more touch and feel.

What Stiga Blade did you try?

What blade from Butterfly were you thinking of getting?

Are you an offensive minded player or a defensive minded player?

If your opponent gives you short, heavy underspin, how consistently can you loop that back?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I play shakehand, I got good serves, I have normal forehand but a powerful backhand, I have tried stiga blade with hurricane and it didn't suite me, I need something with more touch and feel.
That sounds like me xD
If backhand is one of ur better shots, u should try Xiom Vega Pro, I believe it is about €30. On FH I have Haifu Shark. This rubber is not as fast as the Xiom, so it goes well for decent FH shots and it makes serving a bit easier in terms of shortness and spin. I'm not as happy about it as the Xiom on my BH but it is worth a try I think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
What Stiga Blade did you try?

What blade from Butterfly were you thinking of getting?

Are you an offensive minded player or a defensive minded player?

If your opponent gives you short, heavy underspin, how consistently can you loop that back?
I really don't know which blade was that, I am an all rounder. I am very good at loops away from the table with both forehand and backhand and i am good at back hand close to the table but my forehand technique sucks when i play close to the table.
somehow, i just can't match my body movement and arm movement while playing close to the table but i am improving a lot...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I really don't know which blade was that, I am an all rounder. I am very good at loops away from the table with both forehand and backhand and i am good at back hand close to the table but my forehand technique sucks when i play close to the table.
somehow, i just can't match my body movement and arm movement while playing close to the table but i am improving a lot...

Stiga Allround Classic WRB could be your choice then !
The WRB system adds up the weight on the head while reducing the weight of the handle making your mid-far loops effective yet doesn't hinder your control near the table. Great choice imo :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I went to watch a tournament held be china unicom and it was great experience to watch 'em playing and I played with some guys, they were really good. I borrowed a bat from a friend and I liked his stiga blade. later he told me it was stiga wrb and it worked good for me, I am going home tomorrow i will buy one when i will come back to china.. thanks for the tip buddies, really appreciate it