Whats is the difference between thibar el-p and buertfly tenergy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Well first hello to everyone

My doubt is that i eould to know the difference between the two rubbers
I want to change my forehand rubbers for a tenergy but iam not sur wish one of the tenergy is better and also if is worth it?

I attack everything i can with top spin !!!
I uselly put a lot of spin
But wish one is better t64 o t05?

I have a the moment gavin reactor blade and two el-p en max on both side

What is your advice ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What makes you want to change?

What would you hope to get from a Tenergy rubber?

EL-P, MX-P, FX-P, T05, T64, T80, T05FX etc are all excellent rubbers. The question is what are you hoping to achieve by changing: More spin, more speed, lower trajectory, longer trajectory?

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So I wanted to see what EL-P was like and put it on a Vega Pro blade in late January. It felt okay but since I had other stuff I liked, I was not in the mood to play with it. I saw one of my Yasaka Sweden Extras last week and I became nostalgic. So I moved the EL-P to it without doing a serious glue job. I tried it for a coaching session and thought it was a bit slow. Then on Wednesday I forgot my T05 set up and played a lower rated player with my MX-P set up. I couldn't miss a shot. I just spun the ball where I wanted when I wanted. I looked like a Big Boi.

After the games were over (we played a marathon), I went back to my bag and realized I had taken the wrong setup and played with the EL-P! It made me put T05 on my other Sweden Extra on Thursday so I compared both on Friday.

I really think that if you like to spin, EL-P is a better choice than MX-P. it just feels softer so you get that feeling of looping and control. So if you want the feel of T05 with a hair less spin, EL-P is really the way to go. Since better players often like harder sponge, EL-P might never be as popular at the higher levels. But it is a damn good rubber.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I have Tenergy 05 and EL-P both max sponge on my M. Maze. While EL-P isn't as popular as MX-P, personally I find the rubber to be as good if not better than MX-P for some people.

The great thing about EL-P is that it's a do-it-all offensive rubber and despite being a fast and spinny rubber, it feels extremely linear and easy to use.

If you're someone who spins a lot, go with the Tenergy 05. However, be prepared to sacrifice your short games as Tenergy 05 is pretty bad in controlling pushes. Tenergy 05 also have that special feeling when you dig the ball deep into the sponge. Usually when I'm looping a backspin ball and I hear a 'chhck' sound, I know the ball isn't going back on my side :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I think i will get more courbe and more feeling . Also i want a bit more of speed ! The mxp is to hard for mi ! I specialy like that the tenergy at the last minute go down to scare the oponent

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Also i want to understand why so many people love tenergy !!! Because you hear so many thing !!!!!!! And for my own experience the rubber change so much on each blade

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I usually play with Tenergy 05. EL-P feels softer and the ball sinks in more and it is louder but it supports the same style of play pretty well. One thing I notice is more of my balls just clip the top of the net with EL-P than with T05, and this is more noticeable on my backhand side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think that is because the catapult effect in Tenergy 05 is more than any other rubber, I have had the same experience every with MX-P

I usually play with Tenergy 05. EL-P feels softer and the ball sinks in more and it is louder but it supports the same style of play pretty well. One thing I notice is more of my balls just clip the top of the net with EL-P than with T05, and this is more noticeable on my backhand side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think that is because the catapult effect in Tenergy 05 is more than any other rubber, I have had the same experience every with MX-P

I doubt it is the catapult effect. I experience it with Baracuda and the catapult effect of Baracuda sux. EL-P is lower throw and Baal's BH is probably more suited to thin rather than thick contact.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I think it was just the low toss of EL-P and in general my backhand is more sensitive to rubber changes than my forehand (and everything else for that matter, I tend to mistime by rushing on my BH side). It's nothing I couldn't have eventually gotten used to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I doubt it is the catapult effect. I experience it with Baracuda and the catapult effect of Baracuda sux. EL-P is lower throw and Baal's BH is probably more suited to thin rather than thick contact.
You are probably right, we won't know for sure unless we see Baal playing
I think it was just the low toss of EL-P and in general my backhand is more sensitive to rubber changes than my forehand (and everything else for that matter, I tend to mistime by rushing on my BH side). It's nothing I couldn't have eventually gotten used to.

Well I can attest to this as I was playing today flipping between the EL-P and T05. I was counter looping pretty comfortably with T05 but as I switched to EL-P, using the same stroke the ball would clip on top of the net. It's not that I can't get used to the EL-P, but it does show the crazy high throw angle T05 has which a lot players like as you can have a lot more horizontal swing that increases the speed while maintaining a safety margin from the net