Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge

This user has no status.
I went to Shanghai last year and got myself new rubber. H3 Provincial Blue Sponge.
The rubber is definitely not a fake one since I got it in DHS store.

Below is link to TTD equipment review forum.
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/10676-hurricane-3-provincial
I would like to share some pictures too since I could not do that in Equipment feed.
I forgot to take picture of boosted one but it was very, very curly...

Package front:
thumb_IMG_0879_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0880_1024.jpg

Package back:
thumb_IMG_0882_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0906_1024.jpg

Would answer to any questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Can somebody explain me why this blue sponge Hurricane 3 is not avaible in european table tennis stores??

Yeah I wonder why too. There are still much mystery in DHS distributing system.
I think they sell normal DHS rubbers like H3, H3 NEO extra...
I myself never seen this blue sponge rubber sold straight from DHS outside of China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
My coach goes to china every year to visit family and whatnot. She goes back to her old playing grounds as she was on a provincial team. Every year she gets a "provincial version" of hurricane rubber. she says it costs more but she also doesn't see a difference in it vs the regular hurricane rubber. Also she doesn't boost. "Proper form will take you farther than boosting ever will" Spend the boosting money on lessons instead

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
How many coaching hours can you get for the price of a booster jar? :D

I think 0.1 hours would justify the trade off of boosting for coaching for us mortals. Having a rubber that is constantly changing it's playing characteristics can't be helpful. Just like EJing isn't good for your form, having to feel a different amount of boost every two weeks can't be either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I think 0.1 hours would justify the trade off of boosting for coaching for us mortals.

My point is that most working adults can afford both 0.1 hours of coaching and a jar of booster. And 0.1 hours of coaching makes no difference at all. What makes difference is consistent coaching a few times every week for a long period of time. But that costs so many jars of booster that they won't fit into my living room.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
My point is that most working adults can afford both 0.1 hours of coaching and a jar of booster. And 0.1 hours of coaching makes no difference at all. What makes difference is consistent coaching a few times every week for a long period of time. But that costs so many jars of booster that they won't fit into my living room.

So what makes a difference is consistent coaching? But not consistent equipment? Not sure how what kind of booster you're using but I can get 2-3 hours of coaching for 20$ if I were to do group lessons.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
So what makes a difference is consistent coaching? But not consistent equipment? Not sure how what kind of booster you're using but I can get 2-3 hours of coaching for 20$ if I were to do group lessons.

Because if you want to improve, you have to practice a lot, and practice well, correcting your mistakes. 0.1 hour doesn't make a difference, there is simply not enough time to fix anything.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Consistent equipement is good, and boosting does degrade over time. But topsheet of your rubber changes, wood of your blade changes, etc. Boosting is just one more variable in that, and the change is not that dramatic. And human mind can adapt well. I can usually take a completely different racket (if it is both inverted and decent quality) and play 99% as well as with my own one within 15 minutes. So for me it is not a big deal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Consistent equipement is good, and boosting does degrade over time. But topsheet of your rubber changes, wood of your blade changes, etc. Boosting is just one more variable in that, and the change is not that dramatic. And human mind can adapt well. I can usually take a completely different racket (if it is both inverted and decent quality) and play 99% as well as with my own one within 15 minutes. So for me it is not a big deal.

You're comparing the change of the wood of your blade to booster... The effect of boosting is not only an immediate change when you apply it, it really only has significant effect for 2 weeks. If changing equipment doesn't effect you and you can play 99% as well with any decent inverted setup, Why would you waste the money AND time boosting. Boosting is changing the characteristics of your rubber, it's like changing rubbers. And according to your argument. It won't effect your game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
And don't get me wrong Illia, you're definitely right that coaching needs to be done on a consistent basis, You can't just go a few times and expect to improve a lot. But I also haven't met too many players that boost and haven't tried out quite a bit of equipment as well. Sure there's exceptions to this, but they could have definitely used the money spent on equipment on lessons instead.

This user has no status.
And don't get me wrong Illia, you're definitely right that coaching needs to be done on a consistent basis, You can't just go a few times and expect to improve a lot. But I also haven't met too many players that boost and haven't tried out quite a bit of equipment as well. Sure there's exceptions to this, but they could have definitely used the money spent on equipment on lessons instead.

I understand what you are saying. Basic skills are definitely important than equipments. But you know, booster only costed me 3 bucks and what I really do with booster is to just enjoy table tennis :)

This user has no status.
how do u maintain the tackiness and to restore it? im also using the h3 provincial and is still tacky but just wondering the rubber maintainance

I think people have preference on rubber maintenances. I do nothing. Absolutely nothing. I just use my breath to clean dusts. I think most people do this, what do you do?