Garaydia ZLC Reviews?

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hey guys,

I've searched the forum with little success.

Does anyone have thoughts/reviews on the Garydia ZLC?

I've seen the video Dan and Tom made of the Garaydia series, but wanted some user feedback.

I've used the Schlager Carbon blade for the past decade or so - Looking for something a touch slower/spinner.

The Garaydia T5000 seems very similar to the SC (all be it a bit slower). It's still an option, but ZLC reviews would be great!

Cheers

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
Well, I had a hit with the Garaydia ALC last night (I had Evo MK-P on both sides).

I also hit with the JM ZLC (although sadly it had hurricane 3 on both sides, so very difficult to compare the 2 like for like).

I found the Garaydia ALC to have quite a low throw angle (compared with both the JM ZLC and my Schlager Carbon).

The overall finish and quality of the G ALC was unbelievable - Very smooth and felt very nice.

That being said, I wasn't as fond of the playing style - Perhaps because I've used Tamca 5000 for most of my playing life (15 years). The G ALC felt a bit harder than I was used to (I guess Butterfly would describe it as having more vibration) - But again, I've come from the most extreme "no vibration" blade.

Short game and serve were strong. Blocking was good. It just lacked a bit of oomph when looping from mid distance (you had to work hard to get the ball up and down). But it was certainly not "slow".

With that being said, I've opted to go for the Garaydia ZLC which will be arriving tomorrow!

I'll post a review when I've had a chance to try it out.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

NDH

says Spin to win!
The Beast from the East has arrived.......

Initially impression of quality....... Un......Be......Lievable!

The handle is slightly rounder then my Schlager Carbon, which makes it feel a touch thinner in the hand.

It's super super smooth - Which may not be to everyones tastes, and until I send it flying through the air at a million miles per hour when performing a loop..... I'm going to say I quite like it!

Performance review to follow after hitting with it tonight!

FullSizeRender.jpg

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi
Could you please compare the garaydias from your prespective. There dont seem to be a lot.of reviews and it would.interest me if the zlc is really much better than the alc. Also.could you compare the t5000 to the alc
Thanks in advance

Hi EvilOctopus (what a name!).

I haven't used the Garaydia T500 - The picture was the T5000 from my Schlager Carbon (but I've been told the Garaydia T5000 plays very similar).

I've posted a short review of the Garaydia ZLC here - http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/blades/10677-garaydia-zlc

The differences between the G ZLC and G ALC are:

ZLC has a higher throw angle.
ZLC is quicker.
I found the ZLC more stable when blocking.
ZLC has less vibration.

The differences between the ZLC and my old Schlager Carbon (T5000)

ZLC is slower (you can also feel the ball much more on the bat, which makes it feel quite a bit slower compared with the SC - However, it isn't, you just get more time on the ball).
ZLC can produce much better spin on loops and pushes.
ZLC isn't quite as good as SC for blocking - But what is?
ZLC has noticeably longer dwell time - The SC is a rocket.

Anything else you'd like to know?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
how is the thickness of garadya zlc vs the thickness of schlager carbon?
total thickness and each ply.

NDH

says Spin to win!
how is the thickness of garadya zlc vs the thickness of schlager carbon?
total thickness and each ply.

GZLC is 7.1mm SC is 7.4mm

Not sure on the individual plies.

However, I can't stress enough just how much more feeling you have with the G ZLC - It will take me a while to fully get used to it, having played with the SC for 15 years (with no feeling!).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
GZLC is 7.1mm SC is 7.4mm

Not sure on the individual plies.

However, I can't stress enough just how much more feeling you have with the G ZLC - It will take me a while to fully get used to it, having played with the SC for 15 years (with no feeling!).

what do you mean you are not sure??????
just look at both blades and compare!!!
stop saying subjective things like this has more feeling than that and say concrete things like this ply is thicker than that ply!!!!!!
my gooodddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding :)

NDH

says Spin to win!
what do you mean you are not sure??????
just look at both blades and compare!!!
stop saying subjective things like this has more feeling than that and say concrete things like this ply is thicker than that ply!!!!!!
my gooodddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding :)

My humblest apologies Kucamonga - To the naked eye, I would say the plies on the G ZLC are 0.00000000000000001mm thinner than the SC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
so you can't tell ply thickness of two blades you have in your hands but you can tell which blade has more feeling???????
what is even feeling!?!??!?!?!?!?
blades are made of wood and wood doesn't have feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my gooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

NDH

says Spin to win!
Thanks for the info ndh
I was kinda hoping that the alc would be a bit better for spin and blocking but from the sounds of it the crazy price of the zlc may be justified

I think it's worth remembering that I have been playing with a Schlager Carbon for years now (and had become very used to the speed).

So when people say "Look at the Garaydia ZLC, it's super quick...." To me, it really wasn't.

All I can compare my findings on is what I am used to.

On top of that, jumping from T5000 to ALC was very different for me - If you are used to ALC, you'll probably love the Garaydia ALC.

What blade do you play with currently?

NDH

says Spin to win!
so you can't tell ply thickness of two blades you have in your hands but you can tell which blade has more feeling???????
blades are made of wood and wood doesn't have feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing you haven't played a huge amount? Feeling is of course very personal, and that is what I am reviewing.

The hard facts and figures are published by the manufacturers. I suggest if you want to know the thickness of each one down to the millimetre, you should probably check them out.

Without boring everyone with common knowledge..... The Carbon in the blade makes a big difference, so yeah, wood doesn't have feelings - But if you hit a ball with a Carbon blade, vs a Wood blade, there is a huge different in how the ball feels.

If you notice, I'm not talking about control, because that is even more subjective. I am simply stating the ball "feels - as in, you can feel the ball" a lot more on the Garaydia.

I've also posted very close up photos of the 2 bats so you can see the ply thickness.

Lastly..... As I've already explained, the SC has a thicker (squarer) handle, which makes it feel thicker.

NDH

says Spin to win!

Just for you ;)

Left is G ZLC and right is SC.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
I think ill go for the alc. Probably just overcomplicating this when thinking too long about it. The boll acl is an awesome blade after all with plenty of control. Thanks again

I think you'll be very happy.

The overall finish and quality of the blade is better than any I've seen before.