Rakza X on Viscaria or Timo Boll ALC?

This user has no status.
They are literally the same blade with a different handle. A Viscaria at 90g and one at 80g will play more differently that a ALC at 90g and a Viscaria at 90g.
Hi, I have both, with similar weights, the Timo Boll ALC has a much higher pitched sound, does that mean it's faster/stiffer?

I think the ALC may be better suited if so.

This user has no status.
I think the ALC also has a lighter handle, which is why perhaps it has a higher pitched sound because the blade is still heavier without the handle.

In that case, yes, your ALC is faster and stiffer
Thanks for the clarification - I wasn't sure what kind of difference it made, but yeah my Viscaria tends to have a MUCH duller sound when hitting a ball on the bare blade... I may switch back to my trusty Timo Boll ALC just for the added stiffness, which should help me when blocking and further away from the table.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think vvk1 has a real point. But if you want to test out which blade is really better for you put the rubbers on one, use it for 2 weeks. Then put the rubbers on the other, use it for 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks on each blade, you should have an idea which blade the rubber works better on for you. It is likely that the differences are not really that big. But, after playing a variety of training and match play, you should have an idea which actually works better for you in match play which is where it matters most.

And often the blade we though in our head will be better is not the one we play better in matches with. And often the one we think feels better during training is not necessarily the one we play better in matches with. But after testing each for 2 full weeks you should have a real answer.

A note: if you try the first one for 2 weeks, and decide--after 2 or 3 days of trying the second one--that you like the first one better, then you didn't actually fully test the second one.

But, they are similar enough that it shouldn't matter too much anyway.

If you do my test, I would do the one you think will not be as good for you first.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: anchorschmidt
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
On whichever one has a handle that you like better.