Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi all,

I have always thought about attempting this trick shot below however never got around to it until recently. During my coaching sessions I always try and get the kids to try and serve and knock one ball off the table. This can take some time and be quite difficult. This made me wonder how tough it would be to strike 3 balls off the table in one go. On average I was knocking 1 ball off every 20 or so attempts.... so correct me if I am wrong, to knock 3 balls off the table in a row would be 1 in 8000 attempts? :) 20x20x20

Hope you like it.

This user has no status.
Very nice Dan! I think this would make a great competition as long as people are being honest. Prompt the members to attempt the 3-in-a-row trick and report back with the number of tries it takes?

When I have a chance to do so (and I don't forget to try) I will look for this post and report back my number of tries (or if I couldn't do it in 50 or other arbitrary limit, I will report that). And, If this was idea becomes popular, then it could perhaps become a sticky, and it and different variations could turn into monthly contests?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Very nice Dan! I think this would make a great competition as long as people are being honest. Prompt the members to attempt the 3-in-a-row trick and report back with the number of tries it takes?

When I have a chance to do so (and I don't forget to try) I will look for this post and report back my number of tries (or if I couldn't do it in 50 or other arbitrary limit, I will report that). And, If this was idea becomes popular, then it could perhaps become a sticky, and it and different variations could turn into monthly contests?

Good idea! Perhaps users should video record their attempt then upload? I will be impressed if people have the perseverance to do it. I think we can all do it, just a matter of how many attempts :) I managed to knock of two quite often, but 3 is just a different matter aha!

I like the idea a lot! I look forward to you reporting back fais :)

Do we get bonus points if we serve short? :rolleyes:

Of course hehe! :D

The reaction at the end..... Can't work out if it's pure relief or elation!

Good job. I'll give it a try next week.

Haha NDH! It might have actually been a combination of everything haha! Shock if anything! Good luck let me know how you get on.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
An idea I had is to have someone throw a ball into the air and let it drop, while you throw a ball up, let it bounce and then loop it at the falling ball.

It's like shooting skeet, except without the huge target and buckshot! Now that would be a shot.

That's a cool idea! That would be awesome!

waouuu ... ! perhaps one million of attemps for me before to do that !!!

Good luck, let us know how you get on :)

This user has no status.
I get we don't have an infinite number of attempts, but even if we simplified the trick and put a limit of say 25 tries (such as 25 tries or less to knock down 1 ball). I know many of us can't record/upload a video, but they could chime in and say something like "got it in 13 tries" or "got it in 3 tries", a competition like that could be easily doable.