Wang Liqin Stiga Clipper

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hi everyone, greetings from Germany! I've been in Germany around 2 months and I'm still enjoying every second, every day 6 or 8 hours of practice and it never seems to get old! When I came to Germany, I was using a Stiga Clipper CR WRB that I ordered online and after a few weeks of being here, Thomas Keinath (who I live with) told me he had a clipper that Wang Liqin gave to him after his last match at the 2013 world championships in Paris, and told me I can try it. I thought my blade felt fine, but the second I put rubber on this blade I knew I could never switch back. It has a feeling that it's alive! Forehand loop is my best and favorite shot so it fits me perfectly. Another thing about this blade is serve/short game, of course it's a clipper so it's still stiff and very fast, but when I serve the ball is so easy to control. The only problem with this blade is that there is really only one gear, speed. You can spin but it's still very fast and a medium low throw. Here's a quick video of me with the blade, and some pictures. I'll post more about rubbers and training, and if anyone has questions feel free to ask!

https://instagram.com/p/BCdtP_qAkmH/

8f2204355cce63ac69180e934a68c6fd.jpg
703a0a81a0b9468843361e75a39642a4.jpg
22276d4a4aec02b73b45a601835bdcf8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi everyone, greetings from Germany! I've been in Germany around 2 months and I'm still enjoying every second, every day 6 or 8 hours of practice and it never seems to get old! When I came to Germany, I was using a Stiga Clipper CR WRB that I ordered online and after a few weeks of being here, Thomas Keinath (who I live with) told me he had a clipper that Wang Liqin gave to him after his last match at the 2013 world championships in Paris, and told me I can try it. I thought my blade felt fine, but the second I put rubber on this blade I knew I could never switch back. It has a feeling that it's alive! Forehand loop is my best and favorite shot so it fits me perfectly. Another thing about this blade is serve/short game, of course it's a clipper so it's still stiff and very fast, but when I serve the ball is so easy to control. The only problem with this blade is that there is really only one gear, speed. You can spin but it's still very fast and a medium low throw. Here's a quick video of me with the blade, and some pictures. I'll post more about rubbers and training, and if anyone has questions feel free to ask!

https://instagram.com/p/BCdtP_qAkmH/

8f2204355cce63ac69180e934a68c6fd.jpg
703a0a81a0b9468843361e75a39642a4.jpg
22276d4a4aec02b73b45a601835bdcf8.jpg

Now that is frickin' cool as hell. Can't get better than that.

BTW: nice video clip. Nice, fluid stroke.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
Reactions: doraemon and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
from the pics looks like a regular clipper cr.

I used this blade I think in 2014 for a bit of time, but it just feels dead and slow compared to composites like viscaria.
that's why I went back to it.

what is the weight of this clipper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
from the pics looks like a regular clipper cr.

I used this blade I think in 2014 for a bit of time, but it just feels dead and slow compared to composites like viscaria.
that's why I went back to it.

what is the weight of this clipper?

My commercial Stiga clipper felt like that a little bit too, and it was 93 grams but it wasn't bad. I actually haven't weighed this blade yet, but it's probably around 95 grams, I'll weigh it next time I don't have rubber on it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
My commercial Stiga clipper felt like that a little bit too, and it was 93 grams but it wasn't bad. I actually haven't weighed this blade yet, but it's probably around 95 grams, I'll weigh it next time I don't have rubber on it!

Sent from my iP using Tapatalk

I mean if you're gonna boost h3 it's perfectly fine, I used clipper cr like this some time.
but if you just put t05 commercial after some time you feel a bit lack of power, specially when playing defenders.
against attackers you don't feel it so much because you feed off their speed.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My guess is that if this Clipper feels significantly better than his previous one, it is a good one and was selected out of many for its playing characteristics. I've had 2 really good Clippers in my hand and they did not play like any old Clipper. They were worth playing with. One of them is probably the best blade I ever felt. That was a Clipper from 1991 when they were 6mm. But it was still around 95 grams. Pure awesomeness.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
The h3 neo you are using, which grade is it? Commercial, provincial or national?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Well, Tommy gets hurricane from the Singapore national team (I'll make another post about it) and I was using that for a while and it was fantastic, but I just switched to commercial hurricane that Tommy has because it's harder and I like it more for some reason, btw I use Haifu booster that Tommy gets from China

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
My guess is that if this Clipper feels significantly better than his previous one, it is a good one and was selected out of many for its playing characteristics. I've had 2 really good Clippers in my hand and they did not play like any old Clipper. They were worth playing with. One of them is probably the best blade I ever felt. That was a Clipper from 1991 when they were 6mm. But it was still around 95 grams. Pure awesomeness.

Yeah exactly! I have a feeling it plays like a carbonado 145 but faster, I've never actually used the carbonado but the characteristics seem similar with this blade

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah exactly! I have a feeling it plays like a carbonado 145 but faster, I've never actually used the carbonado but the characteristics seem similar with this blade

You are a lucky man to get your hands on that blade. Good stuff. A good Clipper is a beautiful thing. That true classic Stiga feel.

Reactions: Suga D