Modern Chinese rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Hello,

this is my first New Thread in this forum. I am experimenting with Chinese rubbers without tuning and wanted to create an overview.

Yasaka Rising Dragon - like a nontensor rubber wih a tacky topheet, speed at Coppa/Sriver level, more spin

Xiom Tau - really heavy, really hard sponge, Great Spin on brushed shots - service, push, slow loops, but it needs a lot of effort to play quick shots but it is possible without tuning/speed glueing

DHS TG 3-60 - very soft despite mid version, too mushy for me, it was good when speedglued - easy to play but average spin, due to softness not a rubber for tuning, one specialty - remarkingly easy to short stroke countertopspin over the table.

What is your experience with modern Chinese rubbers which are half-way playable without tuning?

Best regards, Milan

Last edited:
Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
I've used the following untuned and liked them a lot:

Hurricane 3 NEO - very heavy rubber and smells AWFUL but it has great spin potential. Medium sponge with mild tack and very high grip, speed isn't outrageous but isn't slow. I could loop drive almost everything over the table with this rubber.

Globe 999T on Air Lemon sponge - mid heavy with a 38 degree sponge that feels very soft compared to traditional Chinese rubbers. Semi-tacky, very grippy top sheet is very spinny and the sponge/rubber combo is decently fast - better than H3N. Gives good control over the table and has enough power to rally at a distance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Thanks for the response and comment on H3 NEO.

I think that we could stay with rubbers. Combining sponge and topsheet may be too exotic/difficult for most people...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
I'm done with h3 style rubbers.
The only chinese rubber I would try now is 729 aurora, because I like focus III snipe but I think it lacks some spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
If you're only thinking about modern, chinese, tacky rubbers, Sanwei Target National is the best I've used so far. It's like a better version of Big Dipper - better sponge and more quality control. H3-50 is excellent too, but is a bit slow overall (more flexible than H3 Neo though so easier to use in an allround game).

There are several modern, chinese, non-tacky rubbers these days too. Kuka already mentioned Aurora, which is brilliant, and you could also try 729 Battle I (not Battle II, which is tacky) which is similar to Aurora but with a more elastic topsheet and it comes super close to tensors like Acuda S2/S3 in terms of performance. I prefer Battle I, but it's a very close call.

And then you have tacky ESN tensors. You've already mentioned Tau, which is a really brutal rubber and difficult to master but highly effective. A more recent one is Tibhar Hybrid K1 which is currently only available on the Asian market. It's less tacky than Tau but has a lighter 50 degree porous sponge and is much easier to use. If you can track a sheet down then it's quite nice but doesn't excel in any particular area.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Big Dipper lasts maybe for only about 1-2 weeks. Then it becomes completely non-tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Big Dipper lasts maybe for only about 1-2 weeks. Then it becomes completely non-tacky.

I think that the QC on Big Dipper is really poor. My first sheets were lovely - soft, tacky, and the tack lasted for a few months. Since then all the ones I've ordered been harder and less tacky, and as you say the tack doesn't last either. A real shame.

This user has no status.
H3 - Slow hard boring really not suiting many playstyles needs glues
H3N - better for driving by a lot serving and everything that H3 needed. but needs a fast blade imo
H3-50 - somthing in between H3N and Sriver L, mostly like L spongs and H3 topsheet, i like it good spin good looping, but needs a fast blade.
729 Soft - similar to H3-50 as in slow and soft Chinese rubber but much lighter and much slower
729 - Like H3 but better without glue as slightly undead

i know you asked for modern but people were saying H3N which is if im right over 7 years old

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Have not tried the H3-50 but it is described as slower as TG3-60. I play TAU as it is really spinny and can be quick if the sponge gets "engadged".

Sanwei seems to be a secre tip so far from the discussion:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I used Xiom Vega China for some time. My impressions are similar to yours of Xiom Tau: spinny on slow shots, fast shots are very, very difficult to make. Plus durability is super low: after a month it had a slippery spot around the contact point so the ball just dropped onto the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
I have no issues with tau and durability - topsheet stays tacky and sponge remains rock hard. Service, push, slow loop are great but it needs proper contact for creating speedy shots = difficult but not impossible. Certainly a close to the table rubber...

This user has no status.
Hurricane 3-50!! Love it!! Unboosted results. Think Tenergy fx style rubber with a tacky h3 topsheet. Fast for a hurricane rubber, but slower than a tenergy. Great control, even better than a tenergy for me. Better tighter spin while looping. Excellent lifting underspin. I'll try it boosted in a few days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
but hurricane 8 is better than 3-50 in terms of speed isn't it?