Rasant comparison

This user has no status.
Hi,

A lot was asked already, though answers do not come in quality and quantity giving me much confidence in Rasant range. My guess is that being a flagship for Andro it should easily find it's place in top 10 of new generation rubber category. However I have a strange feeling it is one of the victims of marketing departments selecting information to be shared on the market - simply speaking I find the information about the whole range not intuitive enough to properly order them by typical rubber attributes I used to compare. There might also be the case that I'm dumb enough not to find this info on the net ;) Anyway - any kind of enlightment will be more than welcome, I'm 99% sure my next BH will be Beat, though I have no clue about FH, which I want to be a bit faster, however still controllable for such a weekend player as I am.

Thx in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
I am also interested in rasant series. I have read some opinions on german forum that rasant grip is losing it's spin potential super fast. Afer 2 weeks it is totally different rubber. Now I am playing with 2 month rasant on my bh and it is first rubber that I can really feel while looping and driving. When I was using rakza 7 soft and fx-p the balls where slipping from the rubber with my technique, but rasant really grabs the ball. I was thinking about softer version, rasant powersponge. Does it also lose it's properties like rasant grip ?

Last edited:
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
hmmm here is better the tsp ventus spin ...the grip is like the rasant grip or better and it is lighter rubber and the durability is also greater .... and it is a little bit softer . the top-sheet feels the same hardness but the sponge is softer....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I am also interested in rasant series. I have read some opinions on german forum that rasant grip is losing it's spin potential super fast. Afer 2 weeks it is totally different rubber. Now I am playing with 2 month rasant on my bh and it is first rubber that I can really feel while looping and driving. When I was using rakza 7 soft and fx-p the balls where slipping from the rubber with my technique, but rasant really grabs the ball. I was thinking about softer version, rasant powersponge. Does it also lose it's properties like rasant grip ?

Completely agree that grip loses its spin FAST. I actually don't like the rubber for the first week. I only REALLY enjoy it for the 2nd to 4th week. Then using a rubber Revitalizer like Butterfly Spin Refresh and a SPONGE. before the 4th week I usually just use water to clean the rubber. I can get about 2 months out of the rubber all together.

I didn't enjoy beat. Grip is best for players who graze the ball more than making more contact. I order my grip from tt11 and if you get 300euros worth of equipment its only 30USD per sheet. Get some friends to go in and get some rubber with you telling them they'll get 30% off.

This user has no status.
I only used Rasant turbo and grip. Turbo is great and feels like T05 but slightly slower but with more power , control and feel. Very very nice. Grip on the other hand i did not like. On paper the Grip should had been my prefered rubber as i like medium to soft rubbers with lots of spin. The Grip plays very weirdly. I think its the topsheet as it looks different, there might be some technology embeded in there but sometimes the topsheet will grip the ball making it fantastic, othertimes it just slides through like an anti spin. Overall assumming I did not get a bad batch, the grip is ok when it works but its consistency is terrible. I dont think its my technique as I can use most rubbers like T05 and H3 neo very well with no issues. This is the first time i encountered this problem with a rubber. The sponges are lovely thou, Probably my top 3 favourite sponges out there.