Problems gluing Tenergy rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Im having trouble gluing tenergy.the rubbers im using are tenergy 80fx and 05fx.im using butterfly free chack 2 and it never seems to perfectly stick.the process i use is one thin layer on the rubber.let that dry then add another medium layer aswell as doing the blade.let it dry.stick it on.cut it and then leave it under a pile of books for a week. but when i take it out from underneath the book it gradually peals away around the edge.

Any suggestions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I'm not 100% sure about it, but I have a suspicion it's caused by the cold weather in the ware house or during delivery. I ordered BTY free chack from amazon recently with people saying how it sticks like crazy. Usually with donic vario glue i'd put 2 layers on rubber, 1 layer on blade and it'd stick with solid bond. With the BTY glue, the bond on the edges peeled of immediately.

Paddlepalace mentioned how their glue won't work anymore if it freezes over and then defroze in room temperature, it'd only work again if it was defroze being dipped in hot water and so it might be the same for other VOC-free glues as well

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is it that it starts peeling off and won't stick back on?

With Donic Vario Clean, when it starts coming off you can press it back on. But with the kind of water based glue that is more like silicon, once it peels a little, you have to reglue.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I used to use free chack 1, and the same thing occurred, also used a joola glue too.same thing again.

My suggestion right now is probably to grab either nittaku finezip or stiga attach glue from a reputable table tennis store (or website), make sure your blade isn't sealed or anything, remove all glue residue from the rubber and then just apply 2 layers of glue to the rubber, 1 layer to the blade. Roll gently and then just put it in your case so the glue could dry further

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Guys any weight limit suggestions...

I've read somewhere that the sponge will get damaged under so much weight for long periods of time...

Sent from my using Tapatalk

With Free Chack, if it ain't stuck after an hour under weight it ain't gonna stick any harder no matter how long it's left. Use heavy weight for an hour, not lighter weight for a week. Use edge tape to dissuade it from peeling too quickly. If those measures don't work then all you can do is change glues and accept the risk of damage when removing the rubber.

Y need 2 layers of glue ? Y so much , all u need is a thin layer on the rubber and the blade . Let it dried for a few minutes and apply it to the blade starting from the bottom 1st . Glide it evenly and slow up tot the top then use your bottle of glue and slightly roll it on the surface of your rubber. Put it the presser or if u dont have it u can use a clean cutting board or 2 pieces of clean plywood and use some sort of weight on top of it to press the rubber on the blade. I usually leave it for 30 minutes , but its all up to you :) hope that help.