Need help for Jpen rubber.

This user has no status.
Hello there!

Early this month i decided to move back to Jpen as i do not have any wrist pain anymore and also i find it more fun :eek:
At the moment, im using a Nittaku A 9mm witha Xiom Omega IV Asia but im struggling with this setup. I feel itway too fast for me, prior, i was using a Acoustic with P7 and P3, a real Off-/All+ setup. Now with this Off++++++++++++ combo i lost my touch, slow loop and blocks. The only consistent thing i have now is mid distance loop/drives/rallies.

I really could use some advices about slower rubbers that suits jpen. I have in hand 729 Higher green sponge, Vega Europe, Vega Asia and H3 NEO, but as those arent cut for jpen, i feel it would be a mistake to cut them just to test blindly. I want to have some standarts and more knowledge how allegedly those rubbers will perform on a jpen, because i always played with limba outer shakehands.

Now what i expect :

I linear rubber with little catapult. It doesnt need to have a lot of speed, what i want is mainly high spin with brushing motion and control for blocks.

Thanks in advance,
Raul Pacheco.

ps: does mark v still a thing ? (unglued)

Reactions: BeGo
Hello there!

Early this month i decided to move back to Jpen as i do not have any wrist pain anymore and also i find it more fun :eek:
At the moment, im using a Nittaku A 9mm witha Xiom Omega IV Asia but im struggling with this setup. I feel itway too fast for me, prior, i was using a Acoustic with P7 and P3, a real Off-/All+ setup. Now with this Off++++++++++++ combo i lost my touch, slow loop and blocks. The only consistent thing i have now is mid distance loop/drives/rallies.

I really could use some advices about slower rubbers that suits jpen. I have in hand 729 Higher green sponge, Vega Europe, Vega Asia and H3 NEO, but as those arent cut for jpen, i feel it would be a mistake to cut them just to test blindly. I want to have some standarts and more knowledge how allegedly those rubbers will perform on a jpen, because i always played with limba outer shakehands.

Now what i expect :

I linear rubber with little catapult. It doesnt need to have a lot of speed, what i want is mainly high spin with brushing motion and control for blocks.

Thanks in advance,
Raul Pacheco.

ps: does mark v still a thing ? (unglued)

Hey man! Always fine to find some brazilian friend around!! =D Did you came to Rio to watch the Olympics?

About your question, I believe that if you choose a softer rubber, you will achieve the extra control that you feel is lacking in your current setup, as you won't leave your speed and spin behind. For this purpose, I guess Rakza 7 or maybe the Stiga Genesis S will fit you well.

Abraços! hahaha

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry for this, but you are looking in the wrong direction. You are using a 9mm 1 ply Hinoki blade. That blade is KRAZY fast. It is an amazing blade. Nothing, and I mean nothing feels as good as a good 1 ply Hinoki blade. But only if you can tame the beast. That is faster than almost any Carbon blade.

Also, beware, 1 ply Hinoki blades are expensive, but they are very easy to break because they are 1 ply.

You could put something crazy slow on it, like, make sure you don't boost the H3 or the 729. But still, the blade is ridiculously fast. And if you are coming from using a moderate speed blade like an Acoustic, then that blade is going to feel that much faster with any rubbers. Even the slowest rubber won't make that blade feel slow.

But you may as well try the 729 or the H3 with that. That is what is supposed to be on that kind of blade anyway.