Picking a tenergy for my backhand

This user has no status.
After a year using Calibra LT Sound I wanted to change my backhand and was looking at tenergy being I use 05 FX on my forehand. My currently style is a counter-attacking style on the BH, I play on my BH quite a lot, so I do pushing and looping with it. I would say close/mid to table. I was looking at 05 FX, however I'm not a huge fan of having the same rubbers on both sides as I like to mix it up, but I have thought about going to regular 05 on the FH. 80 FX is an option but I don't know how it would play. 25 FX was an idea being its a "counter attacking" rubber....but I hear so little and most of what I hear isn't good

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
All of the Tenergy rubbers are good rubbers, but you should be aware that the 64's and 80's have a "flatter" trajection than the 05's and 25's.. If you come from Calibra LT Sound, I'd go for an FX-version, but you have to decide for yourself what kind of rubber you want - a "flat" rubber or a more "bow" like rubber.. Personally I play the 05 on both sides and play an allround offensive game, both blocking and looping with both sides. I like the 05 best, but before that I played the 25FX in BH and it felt good too!

Maybe you should just pick one rubber and start from there, if you think it's not the best for you - go for another one the next time :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I play the T05 on my backhand and all I can say is, that it feels like it's especially been made for me. No other rubber felt so 'natural' to me.
That being said, a few persons who know what they're talking about told me, that if I'm not playing on a national level, i could save some money and instead use Rasant Grip or Bluefire M2 on the BH, and I've tried out both, but none of them feel like the T05.
Besides it's not much money to save, cause both alternatives are also quite expensive and I only would save something around 5 to 10 Euro per rubber. My mind tells me that why spend so much on a 'Smithly' when I can get the real 'Smith' for just a couple of bucks more (if you know what I mean) and so i keep stickin' to my T05...

[Emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Tenergy 05 is the my choice, I had tried 64 before but hated the lack of spin. However, I have played with both Tibhar Evolution MX-P and Xiom Omega Pro IV and loved both of them. I think you should start with any of these, you would like it.

But as they say , there is nothing better than Tenergy 05 . Its the best rubber in the market for attacking , counterattacking play but you should be ready to pay the price, but unlike some others I have always found 05 to last long as long as I use only water/breath to clean it ... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Hi Everyone

I have been playing table tennis for some time now,but I always have this challenge anytime I go for completion and play against defensive player who give deep chop...I can't do perfect loop or topspin...can any senior player here help me out....I need to fix this problem...it as been a challenge for me over sometimes now..

This user has no status.
Thaks for the recommendations so far. In terms of using 05 on the BH, wouldn't that be bad being i'd have the softer 05FX on the FH, as I've always been told never to have your softest rubber on the BH?

Also, I understand people saying about price, however, as you can tell from my current setup, price isn't a big deal for me, my issue is I don't like spending money on something that I won't get on with. When I got the carbonado blade, I looked and checked many time if I knew I would work with the blade well and it was a great choice

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Thaks for the recommendations so far. In terms of using 05 on the BH, wouldn't that be bad being i'd have the softer 05FX on the FH, as I've always been told never to have your softest rubber on the BH?

Also, I understand people saying about price, however, as you can tell from my current setup, price isn't a big deal for me, my issue is I don't like spending money on something that I won't get on with. When I got the carbonado blade, I looked and checked many time if I knew I would work with the blade well and it was a great choice

The thing about the softest rubber on the backhand is totally worthless once you get out of the beginners stage.. If you like softer on the forehand, then go softer on the forehand.

This user has no status.
The thing about the softest rubber on the backhand is totally worthless once you get out of the beginners stage.. If you like softer on the forehand, then go softer on the forehand.

I was going to ask you, in terms of 05 FX, how does 05 compare? I know that the FX is softer and it has a good dwell time, something I have always liked the feel of.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Try 05 , its much better interms of feeling , FX sometimes has too much mushy feeling and you won't know where you are hitting the sweet spot or not
I was going to ask you, in terms of 05 FX, how does 05 compare? I know that the FX is softer and it has a good dwell time, something I have always liked the feel of.

says Aging is a killer
The T25FX is unique and needs a hard blade

After a year using Calibra LT Sound I wanted to change my backhand and was looking at tenergy being I use 05 FX on my forehand. My currently style is a counter-attacking style on the BH, I play on my BH quite a lot, so I do pushing and looping with it. I would say close/mid to table. I was looking at 05 FX, however I'm not a huge fan of having the same rubbers on both sides as I like to mix it up, but I have thought about going to regular 05 on the FH. 80 FX is an option but I don't know how it would play. 25 FX was an idea being its a "counter attacking" rubber....but I hear so little and most of what I hear isn't good

I would simply go T05 on the BH and stick to it.
The playing characteristics of T25FX is unique among the long list of Euro style inverted rubbers.
I was using and winning with short pips on the BHand but had problems with creating spin off dead balls (I'm no HZW) and blocking loops.
The T25FX allows me to attack incoming back/top spin in a similar manner to using SP yet gaining the ability to spin/roll dead balls like your normal inverted.
Blocking is safer than with other inverted. Safer in that you can be less fussy about the block angle.
A nice party trick is that you can counter with a slightly open angle creating a floaty/backspin return. This causes the opponent to loop into the net then blame himself for the bad miss. It's one of those strokes that opponents never figure out what's happening.
But the T25FX, in my opinion, requires a faily hard blade to get the best from it. Your normal TBS/ALC/Viscaria players probably won't appreciate the T25FX.
It's characteristics are best exploited mid-close to table but is still good away from the table but countering from distance is not in the same league for spin as T05.
But as I said, T25FX is unique and if you get used to it nothing else will do. T05 is more allround and overall, you will be able to do more with it, that's why I say to stick with T05/MX-P/LT sound etc.
All this is based on my playing style so other younger, faster better players will say it different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
http://butterflyonline.com/all-about-tenergy-part-22/

This should be definitive guide for your choice, it has most of the questions you have. I would still say first give 05 a shot on both sides, the amount of spin you can create will 05 helps you a lot when you have to spin the ball up when you are out of position. Infact, I started missing a little bit of the effect for plastic ball change and decided to try chinese rubbers and am very happy with Hurricane 8 on the forehand, but in european rubbers there is nothing better and all round and spinnier than tenergy. The high amout of spin and forgiveness is unique to this rubber alone