PDA

View Full Version : Why no spectators in Qatar!?

TTHopeful
03-27-2016, 01:58 PM
A screenshot I took from the match between ma Long and Dimitrij Ovtcharov today. Where on earth are the spectators? A very nice stadium but very lovely, why can't the ittf give out free tickets to schools and colleges in the area? Encourage more participation.

It must be hard for players to be motivated.

Rajah*
03-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Such sport should be free .. to invite people to be interested and know and understand our sport.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Xylit
03-27-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't think people in Qatar (and all surrounding countries) are interested in table tennis at all, they might have other popular sport there.

TT_Rogue
03-27-2016, 03:44 PM
It is every year the same situtation in Qatar! These countries just have the pro tour because they have relationships to ITTF management members and paying them illegal money, that is for sure. Doesnt matter FIFA or ITTF they are all corrupt and should get stripped of their position and go to jail. Just look what these people who perhaps never in their lives were holding a table tennis racket are doing to the sport.

MJB
03-27-2016, 04:14 PM
When you're a world-class athlete you shouldn't be forced to play these meaningless events. Can you imagine Novak, Murray and Federer playing to 20 people?

The top tt players need to get together and sort out a new contract! They deserve it.

bzing
03-27-2016, 04:51 PM
the money poured into the large arena, so many seats, the lighting and everything and then so many little spectators lol.

UpSideDownCarl
03-27-2016, 06:02 PM
That is pretty crazy how few people are there.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

maloxu82
03-27-2016, 06:46 PM
This situation is in a lot of sports not only in TT.

For example last year in Qatar were Handball World Championships and Qatar paid money to people from Spain , Italy or other countries just to come to arena and cheers for the teams.

Archosaurus
03-27-2016, 09:02 PM
I think now would be a good time to remind everyone that the ITTF needs pro athletes, but pro athletes don't need the ITTF.

Hint hint.

siddique92
03-27-2016, 10:10 PM
I think the situation here are almost the same as Malaysia. Since there are no big achievement by our athlete, people will look down on it and may even think that this sports are something not worth looking for. Same cases for 2016 WTTTC. Not many Malaysian people come and watch the game.

P/s : Sorry for my bad english.I'm not very good at it [emoji24]

Sent from my X5 using Tapatalk

kukamonga
03-27-2016, 10:30 PM
ittf doesn't care.
as long as the qatar federation pays the money they can have their pro tour.
seems the qatar federation has a lot of money.
they hired li ping from china, they make pro tour....

yourock
03-28-2016, 03:51 AM
I think the situation here are almost the same as Malaysia. Since there are no big achievement by our athlete, people will look down on it and may even think that this sports are something not worth looking for. Same cases for 2016 WTTTC. Not many Malaysian people come and watch the game.

P/s : Sorry for my bad english.I'm not very good at it [emoji24]

Sent from my X5 using Tapatalk

That's what I wanted to say before I open this post.
Table tennis ball is just too small, and couldn't draw spectators' attention