T05 and MX-P comparison.

This user has no status.
I dont remeber who said that but in a topic created about a month ago about Evolution rubbers, someone stated and then corroborated by many others that MXP and T05 may play similar but they re complete different rubbers. a mxp user may hate t05 and vice versa.

unfortunately the best option would be borrow a colleague racket to test or try to find a 2nd hand half worn mxp :(

This user has no status.
I dont remeber who said that but in a topic created about a month ago about Evolution rubbers, someone stated and then corroborated by many others that MXP and T05 may play similar but they re complete different rubbers. a mxp user may hate t05 and vice versa.

unfortunately the best option would be borrow a colleague racket to test or try to find a 2nd hand half worn mxp :(

Too bad, no one uses MX-P here due to the scarcity of players lol

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
These turn out to be two of the only rubbers that are currently widely used that I still know anything about. They are the two I like best (although there are a ton of ESN rubbers these days I have not tried).

You won't need to adjust your game very much to go from Tenergy 05 to MX-P. MX-P is slightly harder and you need to open up your racket angle very slightly on topspin (throws lower). But, they feel very different when you play, even though the results on each shot are pretty similar. So, it depends a bit on how much the feel matters. The impact of ball on Tenergy feels more dampened and "mushy", which you either like or you don't. I personally like it. One thing, though, is that Tenergy 05 plays well for a somewhat longer time and stays pretty stable for most of its life. MX-P is very heavily boosted from the factory, and that causes the playing properties of the rubber to change more as it ages, and also if the sheet you get sat on a dealer's shelf for a long time it may not be quite like the last one you got. Of course, as it ages you can occasionally reboost it if needed. When they are new MX-P is slightly tackier and more shiney in appearance. Both have large-pored sponge.

If you wanted to buy a product without testing it first (not something I recommend) than this might be one where you could take the risk. I think there is a very high probability that you would find MX-P highly playable if you are used to T05 but are tired of the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayeez
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
MX-P and T05 like everyone is saying are similar in terms of how they play however they are 2 different rubbers.

MX-P for me is a rubber that utilizes a lot of its tensioned topsheet to create the spin and speed it has. I like MX-P a lot for driving / punching and blocking in general. The tensioned topsheet gives the rubber an extremely crisp feeling. If you like rubber with pretty crisp topsheet, go with MX-P.

Since you have T05, i don't need to explain it to you how it plays but let me tell you my recommendation being a fellow MJ SZLC user. T05 is still the better FH rubber for me. I like having the extra dwell time due to the mushy feeling that tenergy topsheet has. You can't get the feeling of that spin explosiveness produced by the sponge on any other rubbers. MX-P on the other hand is a better BH rubber for me. It's slightly less sensitive to spin compared to T05 and in general is better for blocking and punching.