PDA

View Full Version : Which sponge thickness am i using now ?

Iman Gharraie
03-31-2016, 06:29 PM
hello , i am using tibhar sinus (FH) and aurus (BH) ,both of these rubbers are second hands which some body gave them to me , i like them alot ,i want to buy new ones though , but i dont know which thicknesses they are ? any ideas ?

Paccheco
03-31-2016, 06:40 PM
A picture would help a lot. Rubbers dont have only one thickness. The same rubber can be 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 2.2.....

Iman Gharraie
04-01-2016, 11:32 PM
thanks for the reply , yes i know that they have different thicknesses ,but i don't know which thickness i'm using so when buying the new one it will be the same , ill put some pictures, sorry for the low quality mt phone is shitty.9657965896599660

Shiro
04-02-2016, 01:32 AM
You could always take a ruler and try to measure the rubber......

UpSideDownCarl
04-02-2016, 01:38 AM
You could always take a ruler and try to measure the rubber......

Darn. You beat me to it. I was going to suggest he takes a ruler and takes photos with the sponge next the ruler and see if he could figure out how thick the sponge is before posting to show us how thick the ruler says the sponge is.

It would be pretty sad commentary if he needed us to read the ruler for him. But, just to make sure, we should have him tell us what the ruler says in the photo. :)

Okay, joking aside. Use a ruler and measure the sponge thickness.

chuckjordan2
04-02-2016, 03:11 AM
It would be easier for you to cut off a thin strip and mail it in to where you're going to purchase it. Label each piece. Else if you have a TT storefront, take it there.

Iman Gharraie
04-02-2016, 10:49 AM
thanks guys ;)

roger
04-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Hi,
I would advise you to take off the rubber, because there are some different types of rubber even with the same name.
E.g. Tibhar Sinus: sound, alpha ..., the same with Aurus: sound, soft.
They don't put these on the rubber front but printed on the sponge side.
Also only there you can find the sponge thickness.
Just take a closer look here:
http://www.tibhar.com/en/assortment/rubbers/

(http://www.tibhar.com/en/assortment/rubbers/)

Iman Gharraie
04-02-2016, 11:34 AM
thank you, it was a really useful point , ill take off the rubbers and check .