Wiping rubbers dry

This user has no status.
I recently had the pleasure of having a one-on-one coaching session with a Chinese coach who used to coach a regional team in Guiyang. Anyway, during the session, my bat was regularly getting wet because of sweat – from my hands, face etc – I’m a sweaty bastard. Anyway, I was wiping it dry on the front of my shorts, when he suggested I should wipe it on my … ‘behind’. I’m not kidding – apparently the sweat glands in this part of the body are less active during aerobic activity – so this part of clothing tends to be drier than anywhere else. He even claimed that drying it with a towel is not good if you’ve already used the towel to dry your hands, face etc. You want to avoid getting any sort of sweat on your rubber – the urea in sweat is apparently harmful to the chemical make up of rubbers. A medical friend of mine confirmed the science. Who knew? Anyway, it’s something I’m going to start doing in practice and matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Simply bring along a piece of sponge decently soaked in water wipe the rubber when dirty with dust or if with sweat drops.. air dry while you chat with your coach a few seconds. Take a few sips of hydration fluid then your good to go again

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk