Dents in new rubber?

This user has no status.
Hey guys

Anyone out there using Butterfly rubbers notice ball dent marks in the first few hits with them?
I've seen this in other rubbers that I've used but don't remember my last T05 having this
effect.
Normal?

p.s. Used the Yasaka Clicky Press to press it, maybe that had a part in it.

IMG_8331.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Based on personal experience. It usually is due to either a bad glue job (you did not apply the glue evenly or did not roll it perfectly) or you did not clean your blade/rubber of glue residue. Since this is a new sheet, it might be from the blade. Either way, its not a big issue and wont affect performance unless you're a world rank player. If you can run your fingers across the rubber and not feel any bumps, it is fine. If you do, remove and reglue ASAP!

This user has no status.
Ah cool thanks for the advice. I'll try an even re-glue and a better roller attempt.
I dont think that its residue because these marks are indentations from ball hits. The rubber was perfectly smooth before i started using it.

Based on personal experience. It usually is due to either a bad glue job (you did not apply the glue evenly or did not roll it perfectly) or you did not clean your blade/rubber of glue residue. Since this is a new sheet, it might be from the blade. Either way, its not a big issue and wont affect performance unless you're a world rank player. If you can run your fingers across the rubber and not feel any bumps, it is fine. If you do, remove and reglue ASAP!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Ah cool thanks for the advice. I'll try an even re-glue and a better roller attempt.
I dont think that its residue because these marks are indentations from ball hits. The rubber was perfectly smooth before i started using it.

Well if the dents are made due to ball contact, then a new glue job would not solve it in the long run. You would still need to reglue it if it affects performance.
The only thing i can think of that is the issue is maybe the glue you're using and maybe you did not wait for the glue to fully dried before playing. I like to place heavy books on my setup for a few hours and wait 24 hours before using it. If these are not the problem then I'm stumped but hopefullly other more experience members can chip in

This user has no status.
To get even layers I often recommend using old washing sponges and not using to much glue. This gluejob won't affect your play, atleast I don't think so and if it do then I would say that it's purely psychological:p

PS. Let the glue dry up properly so you don't stick "wet" rubbers on your blade and then directly starts hitting with it..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yes you are probably right here. Im pretty sure that i didnt give it proper drying time. Cheers.

Well if the dents are made due to ball contact, then a new glue job would not solve it in the long run. You would still need to reglue it if it affects performance.
The only thing i can think of that is the issue is maybe the glue you're using and maybe you did not wait for the glue to fully dried before playing. I like to place heavy books on my setup for a few hours and wait 24 hours before using it. If these are not the problem then I'm stumped but hopefullly other more experience members can chip in