Zhang Jike new serves

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have noticed that recently ZJK changed his serves. If you look carefully at his match with ovtcharov it is quite obvious that his serves are illegal. First of all his throw is too low and secondly he is hiding the ball with his head. It is good to check first two sets. I am wondering why umpire did not warn ZJK. What do you think

This user has no status.
I think his throw is fine. If its too low, its probably marginally. I also dont think he is hiding with his head. You must remember that this is a top down view. If you were Dimitri you will have first class seats to his serve as you will be at the same angle. I once made the same mistake as thinking a serve was illegal in a tournamanet when I was standing on the galleys one floor above the tournament floor. When I went down and stood on the same level, the serve was very visible. If he really was hiding with his head, it will be quite hard for him to move his head out of the balls trajectory especially with his injury

This user has no status.
zjk.jpg
You can easily slow down the video on youtube and look closely at the serves. Some of them might be hidden but I would not say that it is "obvious that they are all illegal". Close decision and therefore perfect serves ;)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
That is a point when we watch it from the top, but still if you look close to his left hand, he is not throwing the ball just lifting the left hand up and let the ball comes down. I Wonder what Dima said after first set when he couldn't anserw ZJK serves. It is also strange that during the game he has changed throw high. From the 3rd set he strated throwing very high.

This user has no status.
He rarely use his reverse pendulum now
That is a good eye. I also felt that he is not using reverse pendulum. Maybe, I feel, that when he is serving, he is just putting too much power, either high power in spin, or high power in applying spin and speed to ball while serving. Not so much variation that zjk used to do.
He is just doing powerful serves, not varying much.
And about legality, feels legal to me.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D