strength training

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
since the season's over i have start to do sit ups, push ups, squats, etc. I was wondering how often i should do physical training, whether i should do it
everyday, or if i should do one day physical training and then one day rest?

what is the best way of strengthening my muscles in the quickest way?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Youtube is a good source on which exercises, make sure you go for endurance exercises and not for pure muscle build up. You will look nice for the ladies but in the end will get too slow. Typical exercises which are good are the ones the navy seals and other heavy dudes do.
Don't go for daily though, I run twice a week and twice exercises.
But as the season is approaching, I'm back in the training hall.

So be prepared !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
You can dig around bodybuilding forum to check how people do the strength training. However, you may not need to do too many sets and type of the training. Probably just do 3 type per session. As should you do it everyday or alternate day, most of the trainer/physician would suggest do one and rest at least one day on the muscle that you trained. Like if you train your leg today, then avoid to do it again tomorrow since your leg muscle haven't fully recovered yet. But you can go do to some bench or push up.

But, it still up to you, you can just have a three day training per week. Then the rest of the day you can do whatever you want, or just add some running and other drill to increase your overall performance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
everyday i currently do: 60 x 2 sit ups
30 x 2 push ups
3:45mins wall sit
2 mins back thingy
50 squats
50 x 2 step ups
300 jumps on a spot

do you think thats too much?
Should I focus on one muscle group each day and change muscle group per day? or should i stick with what im doing at the moment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
30 x 2 push ups
2 mins back thingy
50 squats
50 x 2 step ups
300 jumps on a spot

Should I focus on one muscle group each day and change muscle group per day? or should i stick with what im doing at the moment?

That many reps only boosts your endurance, with little to no effect on strength and size.

I suggest for those want to understand and do strength training, do some research on google.
Mainly it is fewer reps with high intensity and long rest time between sets.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
30 x 2 push ups
2 mins back thingy
50 squats
50 x 2 step ups
300 jumps on a spot

Yea, it looks too much in term per set thought. You may want to split them into few more set, for example, 20rep x 4 set of sit up instead of 60rep x 2 set. The reason is that as you proceed to no.40 or more in the same set. You kind of will perform in a wrong way since you muscle feels tire.

You can do something like
20x3 (or 4) for sit up/crunch
20x3 push up
and whatever

This similar applies to the squat, jump and step up. I won't recommend more than 30 squat and more than 50 jumps. It will just result an over training. 10x3 or 8x3 squat, and 10~15 x 2~3 of step up jump, and other jump is enough. For leg training, you can try to find some vertical jump training. The principal is almost similar. But if you wish to go for it, then this will require you only work on one muscle group per workout day.

To me, I definitely will separate the muscle ground for each workout session, since I do more type of strength training. But as yosan said, try to google it some more. The forum.bodybuilding.com is also a somewhat good resource to dig around.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
but i thought yosan said that more reps is for endurance, so shouldnt i do more sit ups with less repititions if i want muscle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
but i thought yosan said that more reps is for endurance, so shouldnt i do more sit ups with less repititions if i want muscle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
30 x 2 push ups
2 mins back thingy
50 squats
50 x 2 step ups
300 jumps on a spot

I dont think thats enough!!

Run 2-3 miles at least 3 times a week

I like your work out regime, but your reps should be increasing as you work out.

Dont limit yourself to a number, especially when you're counting your reps in your head. Empty your mind and do as many as you can do. Have someone else count for you and you'll be surprised on how much more you can actually do!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011

Actually, do more sit up won't get you more six pack. Before it still about how to reduce your body fat. And this will requires you to do some cardio training, like comeglan said, running few miles a day or whatever.

But there is no right or wrong theory on more rep per set or less set more rep will give more muscle or not. However, u can just assume it is some what an inverse exponential curve. Most of the time, any workout routine that is higher than 15reps will become less effective. And morever, too much rep per set may lead into "wrong" form at the higher rep, and this may cause you have some bad sport injury in a long term.

For build up some muscle, usually people will chosoe either a 3x8~10 or 3x10~12 routine. Some of ppl will do 5x5 thought. But since this is a TT forum, I would not recommend the 5x5 way, because it may just end up you getting bulk more...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Ok so here is my new exercise list: 20x3 push up
30x4 sit up
25x2 squats
50x2 step ups
50x4 jumps

im still not sure how long i should do the wall sit/chair, i currently do it for 3:45mins non stop and the back exercise where you lay on your stomach and lift your
arms and legs in the air, i currently do it for 2mins non stop.

i dont wanna bulk up, just for improving my table tennis game and speed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
also should i do one muscle group at a time like only doing sit ups, then moving on to push ups,etc, or can i do like one set of push ups ,then one set of sit up,then
one set of squat,then back to push ups again?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
i still dont get it .....

so for strength its better to do less reps and more sets
and for endurance its better to do more reps with less sets

am i right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
Every person want to gain more strength and good health. For that it is necessary for a person to have a proper strength training and at a regular interval of time. Strength training make a person physically strong and mentally alert. Strength training should be done carefully without any harm.