Bubbles on reglue

sorry for my:
Bad voice
bad english
and bad lighting

My only questions are:
Why do these bubbles only appear on my chinese rubbers like h3 neo and skyline 3 neo?
What glue do u recommend for chinese rubbers?
Please reply I really need help.....
as u see in the vid only my skyline has bubbles....

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Awesome video, love the way you say Hi TableTennisDaily :) Awesome Renz!

What glue are you using? I used a Chinese glue once and due to its thickness i usually had bubbles on my rubber similar to yours.

Also when you apply the glue you need to make it even over the rubber... and by the way I just released this is after reglue yes??

You need to peel the glue of first so you have a clean sheet and then apply the glue to the rubber. I currently have bubbles in my tenergy 05 as I never peeled the glue of the rubber. I have a cool way of peeling the glue. Try using a table tennis ball it grips it well... just be careful not to tear your rubber and take your time.

HAHAHAH thx sir Dan . Hmm ... the glue i used for that rubber is the 729 regular glue.Yeah sir I made this video 30 mins
after re-glue. Sometimes i peel the glue off, but its still results to air bubbles. Peeling with TT balls? Never tried that b4. BTW when i recently peeled the glue of my rubber, I accidentally ripped of some spot of sponge on my rubber.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
HAHAHAH thx sir Dan . Hmm ... the glue i used for that rubber is the 729 regular glue.Yeah sir I made this video 30 mins
after re-glue. Sometimes i peel the glue off, but its still results to air bubbles. Peeling with TT balls? Never tried that b4. BTW when i recently peeled the glue of my rubber, I accidentally ripped of some spot of sponge on my rubber.

Hehe,

Yeah you have to be careful when you peel off the glue as it can rip. You have to take your time and not go over the same place twice where the glue in that area has already been peeled.

Hmmm im not to sure why your getting air bubbles after you have peeled the rubber (are you peeling the rubber and leaving holes in the rubber??) . Try using a rolling pin or deo drant can and roll the rubber on then weight it down with some heavy books or something. If that doesn't work then i think its the glue.

Try the Butterfly white glue, its awesome had no trouble with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
sorry for my:
Bad voice
bad english
and bad lighting

You are forgiven ;)

Judging from the rubber, is it quite old or is the weather condition there humid ?
The cause could also be the VOC in the glue didn't evaporate well (I assume but I think thats hardly possible ?) or you don't glue it perfectly.
Try using something round when sticking the glue so it could be evenly smeared all over..

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
You are forgiven ;)

The cause could also be the VOC in the glue didn't evaporate well

Good point, are you letting the rubber dry before you stick it on?

---off topic--- Yosua you have over 1000 posts, get in there!! ^_^Elite TTD Member ^_^

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yosua is right, that sheet of Skyline does look like it is pretty old. But I don't know if that has much to do with the "bubbles". Did that always happen, even when the Skyline was new? Does it go away at some point or does it stay like that? Is the glue you are using a waterbased glue or is it one of the old kinds of "regular" glue which would have VOCs in it. The VOCs could make it do that. I saw this video of Jorgen Persson sitting on his racket to get the rubbers pressed on really firmly. I use one of those presses from Nittaku. They call it a Clicky Press by Yasaka. It totally presses the rubber on and gets the glue underneath more even, no bumps from glue. But those did not look like bumps from glue. If the sponge or the topsheet has expended from what ever VOCs came in contact with it you should only need to wait till the VOCs have completely evaporated from the rubber.

@sir Carl- The Skyline is just 5 weeks old. The glue i use is the 729 regular glue.When i first glued my rubber w/ water based glue there was no problem, but after regluing for the first time i had bubbles at the side of my rubber, since then it always
happens whenever i reglue.

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
It looks as if you still have tuned themselves to a tuner or booster?
When this is also when I have always been so tuned with lamp oil ^ ^

Sorry for my english google translate :) <3 :D

says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9LhF31_1o&feature=relate...
says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9LhF31_1o&feature=relate...
May 2011
Renz, try to use roller when you reglue. This will help flattened the rubber to your wood evenly. Or if this one wont help.. okay wait till I come home.. I got new rubber for you.. Hope you will like Yasaka Rakza 7 soft..

Keep playing.. :)

It looks as if you still have tuned themselves to a tuner or booster?
When this is also when I have always been so tuned with lamp oil ^ ^

Sorry for my english google translate :) <3 :D
Yeah sir i tuned with baby oil :))))))))

Renz, try to use roller when you reglue. This will help flattened the rubber to your wood evenly. Or if this one wont help.. okay wait till I come home.. I got new rubber for you.. Hope you will like Yasaka Rakza 7 soft..

Keep playing.. :)
Hahahah of course i use a roller sir Randy.... Im still excited about the rubber :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
DSC00482.jpg
when spreading make sure to spread nice and even use hairdryer to make the water based ( non voc glue) transparent then turn the dryer off. align the rubber on the blade with once edge get your roller and toll the rubber on to the blade. then keep rolling the rubber using a good bit of pressure.. result should be a lump free job.

in the pic you can see a few dents i glued this rubber durring a competition but didnt have a roller so it ended up a bit dented on gluing