PDA

View Full Version : Build the best player

Overseer Kevin
04-20-2016, 12:20 AM
This should be fun for a lot of people. Build the best table tennis player using strengths from current and former players :-)

My player:

FH Drive - Quadra Aruna
FH Loop - Zhang Jike
BH - Kalinkos Kreanga
Serve - Waldner
Serve Return - Fan Zhendong
Block - Waldner
Movement - Xu Xin

UpSideDownCarl
04-20-2016, 12:59 AM
Overseer, you have built your own Frankenstein's monster! Let's call it, KO's monster.

Funny, all this time I thought that the 4 top CNT players were already Frankenstein Monsters.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

countrybread
04-20-2016, 04:24 AM
Xu Xin - forehand
Wang Hao - backhand
Ma Lin - serve
Kim Taek Soo - block
Ryu Seung Min - footwork

this pen is mightier than the sword

Overseer Kevin
04-20-2016, 05:13 AM
Xu Xin - forehand
Wang Hao - backhand
Ma Lin - serve
Kim Taek Soo - block
Ryu Seung Min - footwork

this pen is mightier than the sword

Hmm... That's a mighty pen I must say. I think my player might have you on the backhand to backhand rally :-)

Overseer Kevin
04-20-2016, 05:19 AM
Overseer, you have built your own Frankenstein's monster! Let's call it, KO's monster.

Funny, all this time I thought that the 4 top CNT players were already Frankenstein Monsters.

I tried to fit Ma Long in there somewhere but I couldn't find one aspect of his game that's clearly superior. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think he's the absolute best at any one part of the game. But overall game...he's the best I've ever seen.

UpSideDownCarl
04-20-2016, 06:54 AM
Hmm... That's a mighty pen I must say. I think my player might have you on the backhand to backhand rally :-)

Athough Kreanga's backhand is a beast, Wang Hao's might be the best backhand ever. So steady, so much spin and control. It is hard to say one way or the other. Those are two amazing backhands. And Wang Hao's is definitely amazing over the table.

ttmonster
04-20-2016, 07:02 AM
Brain : Waldner

Rest : Does not matter :P

Overseer Kevin
04-20-2016, 07:05 AM
Athough Kreanga's backhand is a beast, Wang Hao's might be the best backhand ever. So steady, so much spin and control. It is hard to say one way or the other. Those are two amazing backhands. And Wang Hao's is definitely amazing over the table.

Best backhand ever? Maybe, maybe not, I think Zhang JIke is better than Wang Hao on the backhand wing..but outright winners from the backhand...I'll take Kreanga any day. I'll give it to Wang, that reverse Penhold is nice. But Kreanga could pull it from anywhere, anytime! On the run, standing still, don't matter.

Overseer Kevin
04-20-2016, 07:08 AM
Brain : Waldner

Rest : Does not matter :P

Oh noooooo ttmonster... Waldner was a great strategist but that Applegreen guy used to give it Waldner tactically. If I remember right Applegren, in their prime was one of the few people who had a winning record against Waldner.

Overseer Kevin
04-20-2016, 07:21 AM

By the way Carl...got me a Carbonado 190. Had to try it. The sound is amazing...it's got that cracking sound like the pros on YouTube. Lol But it's not that nice for me away from the table (about 5-6ft.) 64 works good at that distance on the backhand, but hurricane doesn't do so well for me at that distance on the 190. Long 5 blade and the Zhang Jike SZLC are much better. But the handle is perfect...allows even weight distribution. Even with heavy rubbers like MX-P and Hurricane 3 the blade doesn't feel heavy at all. Even though it's actually heavier than both my other setups.

NextLevel
04-20-2016, 10:59 AM
I think Ma Long is already a Frankenstein monster. Easily the best server in the world for me and impeccable footwork and forehand. Maybe we can replace the backhand counter hit or topspin with Zhang Jike but that is about it. Or we can replace his power level with Fan Zhendong but everything else is just too good.

Anders
04-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Footwork - Ryu Seung-Minh
FH - Waldner
BH - Persson
Serve - He Zhi Wen
Serve return - Maze
Mind - Waldner

Coach? Liu Guoliang.

Yecats Encerwal
04-20-2016, 01:16 PM
My Choices would be:-

FH Loop (3rd ball) - Ma Long
BH Loop (3rd ball) - Kreanga
FH (In rally) - Fan Zhendong
BH (In rally) - Zhang Jike
Serve - Kenta Matsudaira
Serve Receive - Zhang Jike
Block - Obviously Waldner
Lobbing - Jun Mizutani/Saive (Cant choose!)
Under the table/Disguised shots - Xu Xin
Footwork - R.S.M
Cho/Celebration - Zhang Jike
Sportsmanship - Timo Boll

Overseer Kevin
04-20-2016, 05:19 PM
My Choices would be:-

FH Loop (3rd ball) - Ma Long
BH Loop (3rd ball) - Kreanga
FH (In rally) - Fan Zhendong
BH (In rally) - Zhang Jike
Serve - Kenta Matsudaira
Serve Receive - Zhang Jike
Block - Obviously Waldner
Lobbing - Jun Mizutani/Saive (Cant choose!)
Under the table/Disguised shots - Xu Xin
Footwork - R.S.M
Cho/Celebration - Zhang Jike
Sportsmanship - Timo Boll

Ahhhhh....a worthy opponent!

Hmm...that 3rd ball FH choice is hard to beat! Maybe impossible. Lol
Excellent choice for serve as well. Only problem is he misses a bit much for me.
Sportsmanship...yeah, you got it!
Footwork...I can't agree. I think Xu Xin is by far the best. The ground he covers is crazy!
Celebration? Watch the barriers and all that expensive DHS marketing. Lol Zhang Jike is going to kick the crap outta your signs. Lol

Archosaurus
04-20-2016, 05:52 PM
I think Ma Long is already a Frankenstein monster. Easily the best server in the world for me and impeccable footwork and forehand. Maybe we can replace the backhand counter hit or topspin with Zhang Jike but that is about it. Or we can replace his power level with Fan Zhendong but everything else is just too good.

I've found that Ma Long is so good in match situations and technically at such a good level even compared to the other top pros, that he looks pretty average. No big weaknesses or big strengths making him look spectacular, because his entire game is spectacular.

It's that effect you get when someone reaches for a very wide ball and barely gets it and he's said to have good footwork, and then a far better player comes along, rips the wide ball to oblivion and it just looks normal.

ajtatosmano2
04-20-2016, 07:17 PM
FH Loop (3rd ball) - Ma Lin
BH Loop (3rd ball) - Zhang Jike
FH (In rally) - Ma Long
BH (In rally) - Dimitrij Ovcharov
Serve - Kenta Matsudaira
Serve Receive - EDIT: Fan Zhendong
Block - Kenta Matsudaira
Lobbing - Xu Xin
Footwork - Ryu Seung Min

Shuki
04-20-2016, 07:18 PM
so... nobody's dream player has a chop?

And when you build a player with specific footwork, doesn't that change which players forehand loop/other strokes you'd like?

ajtatosmano2
04-20-2016, 07:28 PM
Okay: dream defender
BH chop: Joo Sae Hyuk
FH chop: Shiono Masato
BH hit: Yuto Muramatsu
FH counterloop: Hou Yingchao
FH kill: Yuto Muramatsu
Footwork: Koji Matsushita
Serve receive: Chen Weixing
Serve:dunno, maybe Ádám Pattantyús

Overseer Kevin
04-20-2016, 09:06 PM
so... nobody's dream player has a chop?

And when you build a player with specific footwork, doesn't that change which players forehand loop/other strokes you'd like?

We hate choppers! Lol! I'm traumatized by my coach when it comes to chopping... My loop drives are pretty good and strong, so he'll say. "Time to slow you down" Uh oh... chop (bottom side) uhhh Oh...chop (no spin)...uh oh chop (top spin) <---- got cha lol!

Shiro
04-20-2016, 11:41 PM
My player:
Forehand: Ma lin's drive
Backhand: Zhang Jike
Serve: Ma lin
Serve return: Fan Zhendong/ Morizono Masataka
Mentality thinking: Walder

ttmonster
04-21-2016, 03:41 AM
Okay now seriously , Kevin I am not sure about applegren , you might be right I would not contest that.

Let me try to build the best player :

Forehand Opening Loop : Ma Lin

Forehand close to the table : Waldner -> More variety and great defensive capability , not just sheer power

Forehand mid distance and far from the table : Wang Liqin

Forehand serve return : Ma Lin on shake hand now Zhang Jike has started coming very close

Backhand opening loop : Zhang Jike

backhand close to the table : Zhang Jike -> Variety more than anybody

backhand mid distance : Vladimir Samsonov

backhand return of serve : Zhang Jike -> He has redefined his serve return

Backhand close to the table : Zhang Jike

Backhand Mid distnace : Samsonov

Backhand far from the table : Michael Maze

Footwork : Shakehand : Zhang Jike in his early twenties Penhold : Ryu Seung Min covered the table with his forehand

Defensive Tactical thinking : Samsonov

Offensive Tactical thinking : Waldner ( I have not seen applegren play waldner but I think it was in the early days , waldner has lasted long and its a testimony to his adaptability )

anchorschmidt
04-21-2016, 06:23 AM
Vision: Timo Boll
Forehand close to the table: Waldner (a lot of deception and variety). I would have loved to put Boll here because of sheer spin but his technique won't work in combination with the other techniques.
Forehand mid-distance: Wang Liqin
Forehand serve return: Vladimir Samsonov (master of the push).
Backhand close to the table: Zhang Jike. Way too safe. The spin and variety is also something else.
Backhand mid-distance: Kreanga
Lobbing: Mizutani/Maze
Physique: Ryu Seung Min
Footwork: Fan Zhendong. (RSM didn't have any backhand footwork technique) :D
Tactics: Waldner
Serve: Waldner
Backhand Serve return: Zhang Jike.

Anders
04-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Ahhhhh....a worthy opponent!

Hmm...that 3rd ball FH choice is hard to beat! Maybe impossible. Lol
Excellent choice for serve as well. Only problem is he misses a bit much for me.
Sportsmanship...yeah, you got it!
Footwork...I can't agree. I think Xu Xin is by far the best. The ground he covers is crazy!
Celebration? Watch the barriers and all that expensive DHS marketing. Lol Zhang Jike is going to kick the crap outta your signs. Lol

I'll have to disagree on the footwork.. See, both RSM and XX covers great ground, but XX plays with the backhand too, RSM did not. Just look at the 2004 Olympics and you'll see.

PiZa
04-21-2016, 09:04 AM
FH ( 3rd ball ) - Ma Lin
FH ( rally ) - Xu Xin
BH ( 3rd ball ) - Kreanga
BH ( rally ) - Mattenet
Block - Waldner
Lobbing - Maze
Ball placement - Samsonov
Short game - Oh Sang Eun
Footwork - Ryu Seung Min

MV_Smoove_BHD
04-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Service: Jan Ove Waldner
Backhand over the table: Zhang Jike
Forehand over the table: Ma Lin
Block: Waldner
Backhand (3rd Ball & Rally): Kalinikos Kreanga
Forehand (3rd Ball & Rally): Wang Liqin
Lob-Defence: Vladimir Samsonov
Footwork: Ryu-Seung Min
Mental-strenght: Werner Schlager

Sali
04-21-2016, 09:24 AM
serve - Schlager
receive - Ma Long
3rd ball FH attack - Ma Long
3rd ball BH attack - kreanga
Bh flick - FZD
block - Waldner
in/out fh - XX
making oponent cry - Waldner
nice to watch - Mizutani

Yecats Encerwal
04-21-2016, 12:31 PM
In terms of pure speed, RSM's footwork was incredible! Imagine if he had Kreanga/ZJK's backhand to go with that!

ZJK's passion in my opinion is just phenomenal, A few broken barriers is a worthy sacrifice for such emotion. Its good that pro players are passionate and not just doing it for the dollar dollar!

Kenta's serving is a bit inconsistent I agree - they look great though!

Perhaps a server who we are forgetting is the one and only Dimitrij Ovtcharov? :)

Yecats Encerwal
04-21-2016, 12:35 PM
FH ( 3rd ball ) - Ma Lin
FH ( rally ) - Xu Xin
BH ( 3rd ball ) - Kreanga
BH ( rally ) - Mattenet
Block - Waldner
Lobbing - Maze
Ball placement - Samsonov
Short game - Oh Sang Eun
Footwork - Ryu Seung Min

I admit Mattenet has a good backhand, but to put it above the likes of Zhang Jike or Ovtcharov seems crazy!

I also think that Pitchford's backhand is as good/better than Adrian Mattenet, thoughts?

Henning_W
04-21-2016, 01:37 PM
FH - Ma Long
FH - mid-distance - Xu Xin
BH - Fan Zhendong
BH - mid-distance - Dimitrij Ovtcharov
Serve - Liu Guoliang
Mental-strenth - Wang Liqin
Block - JO
Movement - Zhang Jike

UpSideDownCarl
04-21-2016, 02:13 PM
As I said earlier, I actually just think that the CNT has done this with all four of these guys separately:

1) Ma Long
2) Zhang Jike
3) Xu Xin
4) Fan Zhendong

They are listed in no particular order. No need to change things. Choose one and that is your Frankenstein's Monster of choice for the day. Next day you can choose a different Monster.

NextLevel
04-21-2016, 03:31 PM
ZJK can't really lob/fish, Xu Xin isn't comfortable with his backhand, and Fan Zhendong is not a master of serves and short pushes (generally inexperienced). But Ma Long? Even chop blocking is up his alley. Ma Long is a true Frankenstein monster. A guy posted a dimensions analysis chart where they looked at top players. Ma Long was the only one with no weak dimensions (scored high in every dimension).

UpSideDownCarl
04-21-2016, 03:37 PM
The other 3 might not be complete. But they are so good at what they do that, they sort of are Frankenstein Monsters anyway. Hahaha.

Even if they don't do everything they still are crazy monster players.

NextLevel
04-21-2016, 03:44 PM
The other 3 might not be complete. But they are so good at what they do that, they sort of are Frankenstein Monsters anyway. Hahaha.

As we all know, they are CNT robots designed by Dr Liu to take over the world.

ttmonster
04-21-2016, 04:11 PM
I think ZJK's father did not teach him to Lob / fish on purpose :) so that he has to play his backhand close to the table.

The problem with Xu Xin its different, FZD is definitely a complete player , and he has time ...

With Ma Long , I still think his close to table game is not at the same level as ZJK . He tries to maul people with his power on the forehand but if somebody can move it around close to the table , he has to fall back. You can see ZJK sort him out when his serve receive is on the spot.

ZJK can't really lob/fish, Xu Xin isn't comfortable with his backhand, and Fan Zhendong is not a master of serves and short pushes (generally inexperienced). But Ma Long? Even chop blocking is up his alley. Ma Long is a true Frankenstein monster. A guy posted a dimensions analysis chart where they looked at top players. Ma Long was the only one with no weak dimensions (scored high in every dimension).

UpSideDownCarl
04-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Gouliangenstein's Monsters.

NextLevel
04-21-2016, 04:47 PM
I think ZJK's father did not teach him to Lob / fish on purpose :) so that he has to play his backhand close to the table.

The problem with Xu Xin its different, FZD is definitely a complete player , and he has time ...

With Ma Long , I still think his close to table game is not at the same level as ZJK . He tries to maul people with his power on the forehand but if somebody can move it around close to the table , he has to fall back. You can see ZJK sort him out when his serve receive is on the spot.

That's like saying that because you have the second best short push in the world, your short push is weak. Ask Xu Xin and Ovtcharov about Ma Long's short pushes. Or ask Oshima about Ma Long's pushing game in general. There was even a match where Ma Long blocked down Xu Xin so much that it was funny to watch. It was almost like teaching Kenta how you really block down Xu Xin.

ttmonster
04-21-2016, 05:02 PM
Of course :)

That's like saying that because you have the second best short push in the world, your short push is weak. Ask Xu Xin and Ovtcharov about Ma Long's short pushes. Or ask Oshima about Ma Long's pushing game in general. There was even a match where Ma Long blocked down Xu Xin so much that it was funny to watch. It was almost like teaching Kenta how you really block down Xu Xin.

anchorschmidt
04-21-2016, 05:03 PM

Oh, I would love to have a look at that chart if possible :)

Ma Long was not always this complete though. It's amazing how far he has come since 2013. Wang Hao could take his short game apart in big games. I think ZJK's short game is still superior to Ma Long's but his injuries have resulted in a much weaker forehand than he used to have. Otherwise I would have said that ZJK is the more complete player.

Didn't Simon Gauzy say in his podcast that Xu Xin's serves were the hardest to read?

NextLevel
04-21-2016, 05:31 PM

Ma Long was not always this complete though. It's amazing how far he has come since 2013. Wang Hao could take his short game apart in big games. I think ZJK's short game is still superior to Ma Long's but his injuries have resulted in a much weaker forehand than he used to have. Otherwise I would have said that ZJK is the more complete player.

Didn't Simon Gauzy say in his podcast that Xu Xin's serves were the hardest to read?

Freitas gave it to Ma Long. As did Boll. People look too hard at the third ball forehand but forget that you only get that chance with the serves. That's why WLQ was not a third ball master.

ajtatosmano2
04-21-2016, 05:34 PM
IMO Ma Long has an equal BH in rallies to ZJK. In fast Bh-Bh exchanges ML is even better. He don't loop that hard as ZJK but his Bh is very stable.

Overseer Kevin
04-21-2016, 05:52 PM
In terms of pure speed, RSM's footwork was incredible! Imagine if he had Kreanga/ZJK's backhand to go with that!

ZJK's passion in my opinion is just phenomenal, A few broken barriers is a worthy sacrifice for such emotion. Its good that pro players are passionate and not just doing it for the dollar dollar!

Kenta's serving is a bit inconsistent I agree - they look great though!

Perhaps a server who we are forgetting is the one and only Dimitrij Ovtcharov? :)

Ovtcharov is an excellent choice. I have nothing bad to say about his serve at all.

Overseer Kevin
04-21-2016, 05:59 PM
IMO Ma Long has an equal BH in rallies to ZJK. In fast Bh-Bh exchanges ML is even better. He don't loop that hard as ZJK but his Bh is very stable.

No. I've watched several matches between these two players and I was under the same impression you are when I began. I thought Ma Long was way better than Jike on the backhand. But that's not the case, Jike is superior on the backhand wing. Sometimes ma long doesn't even get a racket on the ball...sometimes ma long doesn't even get a chance to flinch.

Herbert
04-21-2016, 07:07 PM
serve Schlager
backhand receive Weixing
forehand receive Samsonov
backhand loop Kreanga
forehand loop Liqin
backhand counterspin Maze
forehand counterspin Ryu seung min
forehand block Oh Sang-eun
backhand block Waldner
fishing Saive
overall looping game Primorac
mental game waldner
backhand smash Persson
forehand smash Omar Assar
Backhand chop Joo Se-hyuk
attitude Joo Se-hyuk
footwork Ryu Seung-min
Backhand flip Zhang Jike
Forehand Flip Cor Du Buy
Peaking Ryu Seung-min
placement Samsonov
around the net me

ttmonster
04-21-2016, 07:25 PM
I don't agree to this

NextLevel
04-21-2016, 09:48 PM
I don't agree to this

If ajtatosmano2 wasn't such a good guy, I would have revoked his TTDaily membership for writing that.

ttmonster
04-21-2016, 10:35 PM
Ha ha ha , NextLevel killed two birds in one shot :P , funny either way !

If ajtatosmano2 wasn't such a good guy, I would have revoked his TTDaily membership for writing that.

Shuki
04-22-2016, 12:01 AM
Stroke power(spin & speed): NL
Flexibility: Carl
Tactical brain: der echte
Stroke consistency: ttmonster
Paddle: Suga D's equipment
Sportsmanship: Carl wins this one too
Confidence: Archosaurus

I think my player is perfectly well rounded. I didn't add someones footwork with another players strokes so my player will probably beat all yours. =]

UpSideDownCarl
04-22-2016, 12:29 AM

I think my player is perfectly well rounded. I didn't add someones footwork with another players strokes so my player will probably beat all yours. =]

LOL. I can't wait till Der_Echte reads this one. Who would have ever thought he'd get the credit he actually deserves.

Archosaurus
04-22-2016, 12:35 AM

Arrogance*

Shuki
04-22-2016, 01:16 AM
Arrogance*
arrogance doesn't help us in a game ;) I'll stick with confidence.

ttmonster
04-22-2016, 03:57 AM
I am dying here ...... from laughter ..... you've got it spot one !!!

arrogance doesn't help us in a game ;) I'll stick with confidence.

ttmonster
04-22-2016, 03:58 AM
You can add ...

bullshit : kukamonga !! :) :)

and my bet is he will probably beat your player in a real game

NextLevel
04-22-2016, 11:45 AM
You can add ...

bullshit : kukamonga !! :) :)

and my bet is he will probably beat your player in a real game

Don't be so sure man. The new NL is hitting video game levels of spin and speed on some shots. That and Der Echte's tactical brain might just be enough to silence Kowabunga.

NextLevel
04-22-2016, 02:42 PM

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74515&PID=923221&title=2016-world-championship-wtttc-feb-28mar-06#923221

countrybread
04-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Allow me to update my penhold monster:

Xu Xin - forehand
Wang Hao - reverse backhand
Kim Taek Soo - traditional backhand
Ma Lin - serve
He Zhi Wen- block
Ryu Seung Min- footwork
Liu Guoliang - art of war IQ
Kai Yoshida - distracting cho
Wong Chun Ting - intimidating hair
Jiang Jialiang - victory celebrations
Donnie Yen - physical body
Pip Man - nickname

ttmonster
04-22-2016, 08:30 PM
Man with Donnie Yen , I don't think you need the rest :P ... I love the name though somebody should have started calling Liu Guoliang Pip Man already !!

I think this monster will beat the shakehand monster any day !

Xu Xin - forehand
Ma Lin - serve
He Zhi Wen- block
Ryu Seung Min- footwork
Pip Man - nickname

Shuki
04-22-2016, 11:30 PM

Xu Xin - forehand
Ma Lin - serve
He Zhi Wen- block
Ryu Seung Min- footwork
Pip Man - nickname

The Donnie Yen and Pip man went over my head for a bit there. I looked up donnie yen and saw "oh its the actor in my favorite movie" came back to the thread and realized the nickname went along with it.

Very witty. Well played. Your frankenstein wins.

RajaLoopah
04-23-2016, 04:37 AM
Ma Long's Head
Waldner's brain
Xu Xin's left arm
Zhang Jike's right arm
Waldner's fingers
ZJK's torso
RSM's legs

This is my Frankenstein :D

Herbert
04-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Ma Long's Head
Waldner's brain
Xu Xin's left arm
Zhang Jike's right arm
Waldner's fingers
ZJK's torso
RSM's legs

This is my Frankenstein :D

Waldner's brain can't handle Xu Xin's left arm :P

Loopadoop
04-24-2016, 01:09 AM
Okay, now that you have designed your best player:

What Modern day set up would he use, limit your choices to one 4H rubber one BH rubber and one blade.

This should be interesting !

passifid
04-24-2016, 02:19 AM
My player
FH Drive - Ryu Seung Min
FH Loop - Peter Natchway
BH - D. Ovtravacacava
Serve - Xu Xin
Block - Kim Taek Soo
Movement - Ryu Seung Min

Equipment: Fake kuka SZLC Zhang Jike, Hurricane 3 Neo blue sponge from TaoBao FH and T64 Backhand

ttmonster
04-24-2016, 02:52 AM
The setup is easy man, any ALC blade from Butterfly , Super Doped National Hurricane on the forehand and Tenergy 05 on the backhand, thats as good as it gets in terms of equipment...

Shuki
04-24-2016, 03:44 AM

What Modern day set up would he use, limit your choices to one 4H rubber one BH rubber and one blade.

well for the setup I let Suga D decide, he is the equipment expert of my player.

UpSideDownCarl
04-24-2016, 04:26 AM
My player
FH Drive - Ryu Seung Min
FH Loop - Peter Natchway
BH - D. Ovtravacacava
Serve - Xu Xin
Block - Kim Taek Soo
Movement - Ryu Seung Min

Equipment: Fake kuka SZLC Zhang Jike, Hurricane 3 Neo blue sponge from TaoBao FH and T64 Backhand

Gotta love the FH loop and blade selection here. Top quality!!! [emoji2]

BeGo
04-24-2016, 11:32 AM

DTop as coach. :)
Ross Leidy as Blade Smith :)

Overseer Kevin
04-25-2016, 06:11 AM

Hurricane 3 National - FH
Tenergy 05fx - BH
Zhang Jike SZLC :cool:

lawrence.monsieurr
04-26-2016, 05:53 PM
So, to create my own "best" player:

Things that I want:

Service: Ma Long/Zhang Jike ( Jike because he has the best reverse pendulum serve, Ma Long is overall just a tiny bit better)
FH: Ma Long/Xu Xin (Both on par I think)
BH: Zhang Jike (easily the player with the best backhand, maybe best ever in my opinion)
RPB: Wang Hao ( No explanation required, I think)
Touch & Variety: Vladimir Samsonov/ Xu Xin (They both possess such great touch, it is difficult to choose one of them)
Mental aspect: The steel nerves of Zhang Jike combined with the fierceness of Fan Zhendong
Movement: Zhang Jike in the past, but now Fan Zhendong
Lobbing & away from the table: Xu Xin (no one does it better)

Equipment: Ma Long's DHS W968 +Ma Long's Hurricane III national version blue sponge and a Tenergy 05

countrybread
04-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Special custom blade. Five layers of wood from middle earth (Fangorn Forest). Two thin layers of vibranium from Wakanda. Two rubber sheets from Disney's Flubber. Pending ITTF approval, of course.

UpSideDownCarl
04-28-2016, 01:08 AM
Special custom blade. Five layers of wood from middle earth (Fangorn Forest). Two thin layers of vibranium from Wakanda. Two rubber sheets from Disney's Flubber. Pending ITTF approval, of course.

@ countrybread: dude, you can't use Entwood!!!! That's murder!!!!! [emoji2] Don't you remember what Treebeard (Fangorn) said when the orcs from Isengard killed the trees? "Those trees were my friends!"

And as Saruman soon found out, you don't want to get Treebeard mad at you!!

Der_Echte
04-28-2016, 03:05 AM
None has mentioned Abe, Carl, the Philly Goon Squad, a certain bridge, and the SPARTACUS.

Tough combo to beat.

Kevin Geraldy
04-28-2016, 04:44 AM
Forehand&Backhand drives,loops, block =kukamonga
Serve:KukaMonga
Moaning:Ovtcharov
Raging towards Umpire:Maze
BarrierKicking: ZJK

Cantaloop
04-28-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm going to keep it simple.
Ma Lin's serve
Xu Xin's forehand and footwork
Wang Hao's backhand

countrybread
04-29-2016, 07:27 PM
@ countrybread: dude, you can't use Entwood!!!! That's murder!!!!! [emoji2] Don't you remember what Treebeard (Fangorn) said when the orcs from Isengard killed the trees? "Those trees were my friends!"

And as Saruman soon found out, you don't want to get Treebeard mad at you!!

You're right. What was I thinking? I'll get the five layers from gopher wood, from Noah's Ark. Mt. Ararat, here I come. This will definitely be an unexpected journey.

Dan
04-30-2016, 07:59 AM
Cool topic love all the suggestions. I like how so many people have different favourites :)

FH Topspin - Ma Long
BH Topspin - Zhang Jike
Backhand Flick - Fan Zhendong
Spin and control - Timo Boll
Serve - Werner Schlager
Serve Receive - Dimitrij Ovtcharov
Block - Jan Ove Waldner
Lobbing - Jun Mizutani
Mental - Dimitrij Ovtcharov
Turning defense into attack: Xu Xin
Footwork - Ryu Seund Min
Celebrations - Zhang Jike