Calling all Stiga hardwood series users.

This user has no status.
Ebenholz/Rosewood V

I went to Manila the capital of the Philippines.
I trained there for 2 weeks. In those two weeks I made a lot of realization and I fell in love with allwood. Now the problem I personally want Stiga blades. But I do not know the difference in the performance of their hardwood series the info from the net that I scavenged seems inadequate. That is why I decided to create this thread. What is the difference between Ebenholz V and Rosewood V?

Thank You :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
My personal opinion, go for the Rosewood. Had a player in my club a couple years ago, made him change the blade due to a very low arc (Ebenholz VII). Ebenholz = stiff and fast and Rosewood = still kinda firm but more towards medium in both stiffness and feel with a little less speed then Ebenholz. In Sweden I rarely see Ebenholz in comparison to Rosewood. If you just glance at the pro players, I have a feeling that more players have played Rosewood then Ebenholz (mostly VII). Have players in my club that use Tenergy 05 and Calibra LT on :p Rosewood VII and are satisfied.

Another view of the whole thing; I once had a couple Ebenholz for sale, the by far hardest blades ever to be sold;) When it comes to Rosewood it has been kinda easy to sell them.

PS. Rosewood looks better then Ebenholz:p

This user has no status.
My personal opinion, go for the Rosewood. Had a player in my club a couple years ago, made him change the blade due to a very low arc (Ebenholz VII). Ebenholz = stiff and fast and Rosewood = still kinda firm but more towards medium in both stiffness and feel with a little less speed then Ebenholz. In Sweden I rarely see Ebenholz in comparison to Rosewood. If you just glance at the pro players, I have a feeling that more players have played Rosewood then Ebenholz (mostly VII). Have players in my club that use Tenergy 05 and Calibra LT on :p Rosewood VII and are satisfied.

Another view of the whole thing; I once had a couple Ebenholz for sale, the by far hardest blades ever to be sold;) When it comes to Rosewood it has been kinda easy to sell them.

PS. Rosewood looks better then Ebenholz:p

Thanks for the reply :)
I will be waiting for the pro ebenholz lol

Reactions: Inkognito
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I really like the Rosewood V and the Rosewood XO. They both feel great.

I would get a Rosewood over an Ebenholz any day.

But I would take a Clipper over either the Rosewood or the Ebenholz.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Lol until now Roger you are still torn? Make up your mind at the end of the day it will all boil down to your own personal preference and feel and level of play. The question is.. from the current blade you are using now (sjm zlc) what are you lookin for in an all wood blade?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I'm a player who loves looping close and mid distance on both wings. I tried the rosewood and own a clipper and i agree with carl that clipper is better than rosewood. I find rosewood to be way too hard for my taste. Its powerful and great for driving pushing and smashing but not so much for looping backspin. This is especially true when used in conjuction with my favourite FH and BH rubbers which i find to have less synergy for my playing needs than i would like. But at the end of the day, you will need the make the judgement yourselve as everyone is different with their own needs, uniqueness and preference. Whatever choice you make, just be mindful of rubber and blade synergy. More often than not people only consider one and forget the other which makes them spend more money than they would like if the combo doesnt work out.

This user has no status.
Lol until now Roger you are still torn? Make up your mind at the end of the day it will all boil down to your own personal preference and feel and level of play. The question is.. from the current blade you are using now (sjm zlc) what are you lookin for in an all wood blade?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am looking for the feel but still has adequate speed for the new balls.