Change in setup

This user has no status.
I am using Donic Epox Carbotec and for the BH i am using Yasaka Rakza 7. The BH plays better than the FH but still i am getting this slippery feeling with this very tricky ball
1314e8f2d4abc94deff95f0f7230af64.jpg

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Many similar rubbers, like the Bluefire M1, MX-P, MX-S, PRO-GT 47. Rakza 7 and Rakza X and so on that may have a bit more arc and/or grip. I played Tenergy 05 before but stopped with it when I started to play with 40+. Maybe helps you, maybe not.
And what did you start using with the poly ball?

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Bluefire M1(fh), Airoc(fh/bh), PRO GT 47(fh), Calibra LT(bh), Airoc Astro(fh/bh) and then I did surgery on my shoulder so short pips in fh and now MX-P in bh. Tenergy kinda ok versus the slip but I had problem doing power with my bad shoulder, why I went preboosted rubbers and the fact that Tenergy lost some of the advantage it before had while using the old ball (just my own opinion).

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think Inkognito's post on things that might work is pretty good. I do like MX-P, but there are other rubbers that would be good too.

Victas V>01 Stiff works pretty well with the poly ball too. I haven't tried the newer Victas 15 yet but it might be good as well.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Inkognito
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
It's natural that you need more power for plastic balls as they're slower and less reactive to spin. As for the "designed for poly ball", it's all just marketing BS. We've seen plenty of "designed for poly ball" rubbers and blade and i've yet to found an unboosted rubber spinnier than Tenergy 05 and most pros are still using the same ALC blades timo boll used in the 90s