Asking for rubber recommendation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Dear everyone,
I want to ask you for advice for a rubber. Right now, I have a Mark V GPS for my forehand, and a Stiga Chop and Drive for my backhand. While I love both of them, they feel like they do not fill the bill, but not big. They are the best rubbers I've had.

First for my gameplay style.

I mostly loop with my forehand, and sometimes just lift the ball over. The rubber I have now is a little bit too slow for me, I think. or too soft. I tried the Donic BlueFire JP 003, and liked it more than the Mark V GPS.

For my backhand, I mostly just use a lot of backspin, and use it to aggresively control the ball to a point on the table. I do not not chop. I do not know how this is called, but in Dutch it's called "Schuiven" for a short backspin drop, and "Steken" for a long aggresive backspin ball on the back of the table.

The Stiga Chop and Drive is good for me, but I want to have a rubber that confuses the opponent as much as I can, but not lose the amount of spin I can put on the ball.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
For forehand you can try out rakza 7 from yasaka too which is similar to mark v but faster; like quite faster (however in exchange for speed you lose out on some control)
For backhand I'm not really sure so I'm hoping NextLevel or Upsidedowncarl will see it if I bump this thread.

Have fun with table tennis!! :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Andro Hexer, Donic Baracuda, Tibhar Genius or Yasaka Rakza 7. Start with those on forehand.

On backhand, you probably should stick with what you have or try one of my recommendarins in 1.7mm sponge. You can also try many kinds of short pips.

I think darner and NextLevel have given you all the information you need. More would only confuse you.

Reactions: Suga D