Transitioning from LP to SP. What to get on BH side?

This user has no status.
Hi everyone. Im helping my Club Captain do some research.

He is a long time LP user on BH but decided to change because he is now at a point where the LP limits his options. His opponents keep hammering to his LP side and there's not much he can do as looping backspin with LP from BH is very hard. All he can do is block and push which is not enough to win his opponents who can easily handle LP. He is looking to transit from LP to SP and was wondering what to get.

His current style:
  1. Left handed
  2. All round+offensive
  3. Comfortable at all distances but lacks power in away from table which is why he usually stays close/mid distance
  4. His equipment: FH T64, BH some LP pimple. Blade Stiga Clipper CR

His needs:
  1. Close to table use
  2. No need looping as of yet
  3. For BH
  4. Wants to attack (flicks, punchs etc etc)
  5. But still capable of spinning the ball if he needs to

Money is not an issue (rich bastard :p) and he is very very skill. I think the club's publicity officer has some video of him playing recently against Sussex university for promotion to the premier division (Highest division for University BUCS team). If not ill try to get some next week when i practice with him. I hope you guys can give some recommendations for him as his LP is the bane of my life. I prefer to deal with SP haha

This user has no status.
Rakza PO. It has the same sponge as Rakza 7. It is fast, sometimes wobble effect, you can loop with ease and spin on serves is good. The cons is that it needs a stiff yet not that fast/a bit soft blade to really shine.

I friend of mine switched from Adidas Blaze Speed to Rakza PO with Tenor and now on an Acoustic Carbon. He attacks very consistently and the ball comes low and flat...raelly annoying. Myself used Rakza PO on a Tenor and Ludeack. I really liked the feel and the possibilities. With it you are not condemned to only block and smash. You can easily loop low balls, off the bounce attacks agains top spin, smash slow loops(or wobble them)...its pretty enjoyable ^^

This user has no status.
Why not inverted rubber on bh?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

He doesnt like inverted on BH. It just doesnt suit his style of play. He just wants to power through spins without worrying about overshooting the table or hitting the net. Think of Mima Ito. He plays just like her

Reactions: Paccheco