New generation Poly ball enhanced rubber with similar sponge hardness to tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi guys,

I've been using MX-S, a poly ball enhanced rubber on my FH. It has that really grippy top sheet and I'm finding my loops are loaded with spin.

However I used to use Tenergy 05 and 80. I want to find a rubber that combines the grippy topsheet like MX-S on a similar sponge hardness to Tenergy. What is there out there that fits the description?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I find the 47-50 degree ESN sponges don't match the Tenergies. For instance Rasant Powergrip is way too hard but as you said you can rely on the top sheet until they are worn out to get the rally going. Personally I would consider something around the 45 degree and lower like 42 etc. Rubbers like that should be Bluefire M2, Evo EL-P, Rasant Grip. Of course Tenergies have really good soft quality top sheet this gives the feel that the sponge is less hard than the claimed 47. So unless you can find identical top sheet which is impossible, then you have to even it out with sponge hardness. The problem with this new 3rd gen ESN rubber is while it produced a lot of spin, it comes with a penalty like being very sensitive to incoming spin.
Maybe for the plastic ball it won't matter too much these days.

This user has no status.
Not sure if this helps but Im a big fan of Nittaku fastarc G-1. It plays similar to ternergy 05 but is in my opinion, spinier with more feel but slower. It is also non-tensor so its more linear and has less catapult compared to T05 which is good for me as I have a big swing and sometimes the ball flies out with T05 but not with G1. Sponge hardness is quite similar, maybe slightly softer than T05. Hope this helps. Overall this rubber has should have similar grippy topsheet with MXS but with T05 characteristics and hardness (give and take a few small differences). The only big draw would be the non-tensor issue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi guys,

I've been using MX-S, a poly ball enhanced rubber on my FH. It has that really grippy top sheet and I'm finding my loops are loaded with spin.

However I used to use Tenergy 05 and 80. I want to find a rubber that combines the grippy topsheet like MX-S on a similar sponge hardness to Tenergy. What is there out there that fits the description?

You will just have to wait that little while longer, but I am pretty sure when Evolution EL-S and FX-S are out you will find exactly what you desire.

I have tried FX-S and although it is only around 42/43 degrees it is not a soft rubber as we all know them. It has low catapult and tons of spin. I guess the EL-S, effectively being around 2 or 3 degrees harder, will appeal to many players looking for alternatives to their MX-P, MX-S and yes, even t05.