Stiga Airoc Astro S or Tenergy 05

This user has no status.
If tenergy 05 is just OK, everything else is meh or bad.

What part of it is it that you don't like?

I had a important tournament and played in the semi against a defender. When trying to topspin the ball just touched the rubber and went straight away, I could not get that soft ball. Thank you for all the answers! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I had a important tournament and played in the semi against a defender. When trying to topspin the ball just touched the rubber and went straight away, I could not get that soft ball. Thank you for all the answers! :)

Defender as in chopper or blocker? It could be that you're not used to a fast rubber like tenergy or you're not giving it enough brushing motion

This user has no status.
Astro S, MX-P or even rubbers from the Bluefire series or Rasant series. A more "forgiving" rubber then Tenergy 05?

I love Astro S, for my backhand...It has a good combination of speed, spin and control. I also love M2 from the Bluefire series for my forehand. Both these rubbers are good options besides Tenergy 05 which I think is a little on the slow side compared to other rubbers.

Reactions: Inkognito
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I love Astro S, for my backhand...It has a good combination of speed, spin and control. I also love M2 from the Bluefire series for my forehand. Both these rubbers are good options besides Tenergy 05 which I think is a little on the slow side compared to other rubbers.

I don't think you need a rubber any faster than Tenergy 05 on FH unless you smack the ball and not looping it

Reactions: Rajah*