Blade or rubber when trying to get more control on Long Pip chopping?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get more control when I'm chopping with long pimples. Is it blade or rubber?

I use the Joo se hyuk blade and Hellfire Long pimples.

When I get into a rally I chop well, however I find that if come up against someone who loop drives really fast I can't keep myself in the rally long at all and I struggle to keep them short to prevent their attack.
I also tend to see chops miss the end of the table when I come up against someone who will give me a slow, but really spinny loop. It tends to ping off my bat and off the end.
I'm also seeing quite a few service returns go in the net or off the end.

Would I be best trying a different blade or rubber? Do I need a slower blade or do I need a LP that is less sensitive to spin? Or are there other things I'm missing?

Thanks for your help !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
It's really hard to answer your questions without seeing.. May be you have some video where your problems can be seen so we could try to help you?
I can say only one thing - about the slow and spinny loop. You need quick wrist action when chopping such loop. These are the best loops for a chopper. It's a must to be able to put them where you want and low to the net. You need to find the angle and you need racket speed.
I don't think that the equipment is the problem. It's a great blade, don't know about the pips though :)

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I'm not an expert at this. But I like to sniff around on equipment reviews.
With that blade you'd want to play modern defending with attacks too. Not only chopping. (you have MX-P on fh, or just hellfire both sides?) An inverted rubber on fh on such a blade would be recommended.
If you only want to chop you would want a slower blade. Your rubbers are amongst the most controllable there is. (if you're using hellfire) so it's not rubber. Otherwise it's a technique case you need to improve on...