Glues

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Hi guys, I wonder what glue is more viscous , and the best glue for table tennis rubber!
I wonder what glue is more viscous , and the best glue for table tennis rubbers !I wonder what glue is more viscous , and the best glue for table tennis rubbers !I wonder what glue is more viscous , and the best glue for table tennis rubbers !I wonder what glue is more viscous , and the best glue for table tennis rubbers !I wonder what glue is more viscous , and the best glue for table tennis rubbers !I wonder what the best glue to tennis rubbers and table, and the more viscous !I wonder what the best glue to tennis rubbers and table, and the more viscous !I wonder what the best glue to tennis rubbers and table, and the more viscous !

If you use donic blue contact make sure to seal your blade first. the bond is strong enough to splinter the blade as you remove the rubber later.

I think it was Baal who told me to stay away from this glue because it's too strong.

I'm using the first BTY Free Chack and it works fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I think it was Baal who told me to stay away from this glue because it's too strong.

I'm using the first BTY Free Chack and it works fine.

free chack is also one known to splinter a blade if you're not too careful. If you want a viscous glue I'd recommend nittaku finezip but it's also expensive. sealing a blade is always a way to play it more safe.

says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
Mar 2016
I dont know about which glue is the most viscous but nittaku finezip is probably the best glue I've yet to use
I have used Paddle Palace EZ Pro glue which is fairly non viscous so it smooths easily and evenly and REevolution #3 from www.ttrevolution which can be purchased in 1 of 3 types but I use the thinner since I did splinter a low quality blade when I peeled off the rubber after using the thicker glue. I now seal my blades with lacquer if I have doubts as it sucks to destroy a blade because I was too lazy to seal it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
IMO Revolution No.3 and Nittaku Finezip are the best glues. Finezip is hard to get here and expensive so I've just glued only one rubber with a teammate's glue, but heard only good things about it. Revolution is really good. Works well with boosters/oil and you can vary the rubber's speed with using more layers. And easy to peel off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
revolution #3 and paddle palace glue are definitely more latex-style than thick. For some rubbers/blades it can take up to 3 or 4 layers of the stuff to get the rubber to stick well. But removing the glue later is extremely easy and makes the process of removal much better.

This user has no status.
revolution #3 and paddle palace glue are definitely more latex-style than thick. For some rubbers/blades it can take up to 3 or 4 layers of the stuff to get the rubber to stick well. But removing the glue later is extremely easy and makes the process of removal much better.

I've heard good stuff about Revolution #3 as well. My question is: If you apply 3-4 layers for a good seal, doesn't it increase the overall weight of your setup?

Mar 2016
I've heard good stuff about Revolution #3 as well. My question is: If you apply 3-4 layers for a good seal, doesn't it increase the overall weight of your setup?
Any adhesive will add a small amount of weight when it is put on your blade but I have never had to use more than a single layer of glue on the blade and a single layer on the rubber to have it stick.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like using lots of layers of glue. The more the merrier. More glue makes the sponge a little more responsive. I got the idea when I heard that the CNT guys use 8-16 layers of glue. I don't know if it is true. But I like enough glue so the glue is fairly thick.

But hey, my setup weighs something like 220 grams. What's the big deal if I add an extra gram or two of glue. [emoji2]

I personally like Donic Vario Clean because it is more like the old rubber cement than anything else I have tried. But I have heard so many good things about Revolution #3 glue that one day I will have to try it.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I like using lots of layers of glue. The more the merrier. More glue makes the sponge a little more responsive. I got the idea when I heard that the CNT guys use 8-16 layers of glue. I don't know if it is true. But I like enough glue so the glue is fairly thick.

But hey, my setup weighs something like 220 grams. What's the big deal if I add an extra gram or two of glue. [emoji2]

I personally like Donic Vario Clean because it is more like the old rubber cement than anything else I have tried. But I have heard so many good things about Revolution #3 glue that one day I will have to try it.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Vario clean is excellent if you only stick your rubber once and use it until it dies and then throws it away. You don't need to use a lot of glue of a strong bond

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Vario clean is excellent if you only stick your rubber once and use it until it dies and then throws it away. You don't need to use a lot of glue of a strong bond

Well, I also find that I have been able to pull rubbers off and slap them on other blades because the glue stays a little stick. And since I don't care about removing old glue, and I am okay with simply adding more glue if I need to, because I am okay with adding weight, it still works if you take your rubbers off one blade and put them on another. I'm way to lazy to remove old glue before putting new glue on. The fact that I can press the rubbers onto a different blade without changing the glue is part of why I like Vario Clean. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Revolution #3 is just to weak for me. Not good for OX pips at all. I find Yasaka Norisuke san (who's that?) very good - strong, but not too strong :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Well, I also find that I have been able to pull rubbers off and slap them on other blades because the glue stays a little stick. And since I don't care about removing old glue, and I am okay with simply adding more glue if I need to, because I am okay with adding weight, it still works if you take your rubbers off one blade and put them on another. I'm way to lazy to remove old glue before putting new glue on. The fact that I can press the rubbers onto a different blade without changing the glue is part of why I like Vario Clean. [emoji2]

That is the reason i switched to paddle palace glue hahaha. I always peel my glue before re-gluing and vario clean is a pain in the butt to remove

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
100000% agree with donic vario clean, it's my second choice after nittaku finezip and to be honest I think they're the same darn glue. I just get finezip because it's more expensive and my EJ brain tells me more expensive is better. plus from tt11 I get a giant finezip around 90$ that lasted through 30-40 glue jobs.

I make cheap paddles, good for learning for newbies at our club and have glued and cut countless setups. I also offer the service of gluing rubber on for players at my club for 5$ and if they find ANY imperfection in the glue job or cut, I'll make it free for them. I've made my money back on my glue and more.

Nittaku finezip is so great and thick in quality that I've never needed more than 1 layer on the rubber and 1 layer on the blade.

Here's my guide to choosing your glue

If your rubber has a sponge that is more porous, for example fx-p, bluefire series rubbers, tenergy, mx-p, rasant grip (off the top of my head). A thick, viscus glue is best because it wont sink into the pores of the rubber and will more easily create a smooth layer of glue with no variation throughout the glue job.

If you use something with a sponge that's not as porous though, (off the top of my head I'm thinking rakza series, and mark V) a less viscus, more latex based glue like revolution #3 would be better.