Blade with alot of vibration?

This user has no status.
Hello.

I am searching for a blade that vibrates a lot and medium fast.

I have a very old Stiga Graphite wood that feels very nice with the vibrations and looking for a blade like that. I bought a 2nd hand Stiga Graphite I found but the feel wasnt the same. I looked at the plies and found that my version of Stiga Graphite had a thinner core. Can the thinner core make the blade vibrate more?

Any recommendations for a similar blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
thinner core will make it vibrated more but it also adds more flexibility to your blade. what didnt you like about the second hand stiga graphite? anything that doesn't vibrate exactly the same as your first one will have a different feel.

This user has no status.
Thanks for the suggestions, but I dont like Donic blades (I dont know why, maybe Im just a Stiga and Yasaka fanboy (grew up with those)).

The problem with the new one is that it feels stiff and hard compared to the first one. Bouncing the ball it sounds much higher pitch.

I will check out the Offensive Classic. I have an allround classic (old one from a premade bat) that has vibrations a little like the first graphite wood, but it is a little slow. How does the offensive classic feel compared to allround classic?

By the way if anyone is interested in a Graphite Wood it is for sale on a big auction site. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I don't know what do you mean by vibration, but if i understand the pure meaning then you should look around some who has blades that give that feeling before you buy something, i have several blades, and the only blade that giving me that kind of vibration is my Butterfly Primorac EX, i don't know why but maybe it is designed for that, and the coach in a club academy i am member with is using Primorac one [not EX] and he also said it gives him some kind of feeling which i am sure he means vibration.

Both blades are wood, even i have that Chinese cheapo wooden blade [Yinhe N-11] and it doesn't give me that kind of vibration, also my Butterfly Defence III blade, it is something in the blade itself and plys, i don't know how to explain but sounds some blades materials are giving that vibration more than others, i won't talk about rubbers effect.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Thanks for the suggestions, but I dont like Donic blades (I dont know why, maybe Im just a Stiga and Yasaka fanboy (grew up with those)).

The problem with the new one is that it feels stiff and hard compared to the first one. Bouncing the ball it sounds much higher pitch.

I will check out the Offensive Classic. I have an allround classic (old one from a premade bat) that has vibrations a little like the first graphite wood, but it is a little slow. How does the offensive classic feel compared to allround classic?

By the way if anyone is interested in a Graphite Wood it is for sale on a big auction site. :)

Q: How does Stiga OFF Classic vibrate?

A: Like a friggin' EARTHQUAKE.

I TRADED a blade to get one of those, so i could say I had one. I did one hitup using it and I simply could not stand it. Feedback was overwhelming in my hand. Couldn't feel the ball worth a crap.

However, this is EXACTLY the kind of blade some players want. I say more power to them.

says Aging is a killer
What is vibration?

I don't know what do you mean by vibration, but if i understand the pure meaning then you should look around some who has blades that give that feeling before you buy something, i have several blades, and the only blade that giving me that kind of vibration is my Butterfly Primorac EX, i don't know why but maybe it is designed for that, and the coach in a club academy i am member with is using Primorac one [not EX] and he also said it gives him some kind of feeling which i am sure he means vibration.

Both blades are wood, even i have that Chinese cheapo wooden blade [Yinhe N-11] and it doesn't give me that kind of vibration, also my Butterfly Defence III blade, it is something in the blade itself and plys, i don't know how to explain but sounds some blades materials are giving that vibration more than others, i won't talk about rubbers effect.

Vibration:
Zeio and Baal together gave a good explanation on MYTT

Zeio:
Try the same combination on an all-wood blade and you will see. Arylate filters out certain ranges of vibration, mostly the high frequency ones from my experience, and those that do pass through die down much faster than they normally would on an all-wood blade.
Baal:
Adding just a little to what zeio said, when a ball strikes the blade, it vibrates in multiple frequencies at the same time. When people talk about blade flex, they are really talking about the low frequency components of the vibrations. Butterfly ALC blades are not completely 100% vibration free, no blade is, but as zeio says, high frequency vibrations are very much reduced compared to all-wood. That is what people mean by muted.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good feel: OSP Virtuoso Off- and Virtuoso Plus.

On the thicker, crisper side of good feeling, I recently played with a Xiom Offensive S after asking a few people about it. That blade has a pretty good balance of feel and stability. I like the OSP blades because they are thinner and have more flex. But the Offensive S felt very nice. I could use one easily and be happy. The Extreme S is 7 ply and stiffer but has great feeling without too much vibration.

Acoustic, Violin, both have great feel.

But good feel from a blade is really a personal thing and some people like more vibration and some like less.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It's a shame you're a Stiga fanboy, because all of the Donic Senso blades are exactly what you are looking for. I use the Defplay.

Wood blades the Yinhe W6 vibrates quite a bit.

I use the Stiga Allround Classic Carbon and I consider it high in vibration.
They are not offensive blades.

What he needs is a Clipper Wood with WRB or an Emerald VPS.