Review of the STIGA Genesis Rubber

My reviews on the Stiga Genesis Rubber have been posted in the TTD Review Centre:

Full detailed review on the Stiga Genesis S
Full detailed review on the Stiga Genesis M

STIGA Genesis M

stigagenesismrubberyogi1.jpg

stigagenesismrubberyogi2.jpg

stigagenesismrubberyogi3.jpg

STIGA Genesis S

stigagenesismrubberyogi4.jpg

stigagenesismrubberyogi5.jpg

stigagenesismrubberyogi6.jpg

Initial thoughts

The STIGA Genesis is amazing!! The spin is huge, it is very, very spinny at 2.0mm! I have found the rubber produces high spin and long trajectory. The spin rivals modern and the latest ESN rubbers.

Full review coming soon.

Last edited:

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
I've been using the Genesis M rubbers on both sides now for a couple of weeks on my Stiga hybrid wood blade. I have found them really good, as mentioned before by others they have a tremendous amount of spin and grip compared to even tenergy. The M version is certainly harder than the tenergy serious so perhaps the S version would suit most players. In my opinion definitely a rubber which can challenge most modern fast attacking rubbers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
I've been using the Genesis M rubbers on both sides now for a couple of weeks on my Stiga hybrid wood blade. I have found them really good, as mentioned before by others they have a tremendous amount of spin and grip compared to even tenergy. The M version is certainly harder than the tenergy serious so perhaps the S version would suit most players. In my opinion definitely a rubber which can challenge most modern fast attacking rubbers!

This is promising for sure. Would you say Genesis has similar spin to Tenergy?

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Updated with reviews in the TTD Review Centre.

Full detailed review on the Stiga Genesis S
Full detailed review on the Stiga Genesis M

Fantastic reviews here by yogi bear and very accurate, would recommend anyone interested in Genesis to check out these reviews, lots of in depth details and information :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
For someone considering new Stiga rubbers, but who is more used to the Tibhar Evolution type, would it be wiser to wait for reviews on the Mantra before deciding? Are they more likely to be a closer match?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
For someone considering new Stiga rubbers, but who is more used to the Tibhar Evolution type, would it be wiser to wait for reviews on the Mantra before deciding? Are they more likely to be a closer match?

By the sounds of talk elsewhere the Mantra will be similar to Airoc based rubbers. The Genesis has similar spin to Evolution but with a different feeling more like a Chinese feeling by the sounds of it being made by a Chinese brand. Genesis is a harder rubber than evolution type rubbers. We will have to wait patiently for more reviews :cool:

Is the Mantra rubber out yet?