What is your USATT rating?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Mine is over 9000 :)

So, only about 6030 points higher than Kong Linghui's highest rating. That also should mean that beating Ma Long should be like stealing candy from a baby.

Oh, mine is 1668. But, I highly doubt that was close to accurate when I got it. I was probably more like 1300-1400. I know a lot of people who say I must be at least 1800 but I know that is not how ratings work. The rating I have means nothing and, as far as I am concerned the only way to get a more accurate rating would be to play a bunch of tournaments so that the rating, over time, settles to about where I am. However, since I work when most tournaments happen, I doubt I will be able to do that in the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
So, only about 6030 points higher than Kong Linghui's highest rating. That also should mean that beating Ma Long should be like stealing candy from a baby.

Oh, mine is 1668. But, I highly doubt that was close to accurate when I got it. I was probably more like 1300-1400. I know a lot of people who say I must be at least 1800 but I know that is not how ratings work. The rating I have means nothing and, as far as I am concerned the only way to get a more accurate rating would be to play a bunch of tournaments so that the rating, over time, settles to about where I am. However, since I work when most tournaments happen, I doubt I will be able to do that in the near future.

How many tournaments do you think it takes to get an accurate rating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How many tournaments do you think it takes to get an accurate rating

Well, since one's actual level is constantly fluctuating, one answer is never. Right? One day you are totally on and feel like you can't lose and another day you feel like you are playing terribly. Everyone has ups and downs.

But, I think after 5 or 6 your rating would be close enough to accurate. But three months later your level could actually go up or down. But within 50 points of accurate would be 5 or 6 tournaments. That would even out the wins on the good days with the loses on the bad days. 20-30 tournaments would give you an even more accurate picture. NextLevel's is where it should be because he plays tournaments so consistently and his rating stays pretty stable within 100 points. :)

Reactions: ttmonster
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
1949. Like everyone on the internet, I play a higher level. Ask Next Level or anyone who see me the last few months. I play my division and a lot of the 1800+ crowd is 2000 and you can't beat email all. I'm not worried about out the rating, but I giggle at those who do worry.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
Mar 2016
My rating isn't posted from my first tournament. The tournament director said I would end up about 1378. I would like to think I am better than that rating as I beat some higher rated players outside the tournament but I didn't return serve well ,my serves were not deceptive and my footwork was poor. (all faults are to be addressed in training)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
My rating isn't posted from my first tournament. The tournament director said I would end up about 1378. I would like to think I am better than that rating as I beat some higher rated players outside the tournament but I didn't return serve well ,my serves were not deceptive and my footwork was poor. (all faults are to be addressed in training)

Rating based on a single tournament is going to be somewhat inaccurate and will depend on events you played etc. Whether you are truly better than ~1380 - only time (and more tournament play) will show. In my experience, it is easier to beat better players outside of a tournament, since they are more likely to take it less seriously with nothing on the line. I still remember these wins, though :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
My rating is 1676 but the last time I played a tournament was exactly an year back ... I have stopped taking regular coaching and did not play regularly for a 4-5 month period after that till Thanksgiving . So I basically don't know what my rating is right now ...
USATT_Rating.jpg

Oh and I did not play for a period of almost 1.5 years between 2013 March and 2014 November ....

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
Yeah, that link has been banded about before - It's a pretty good "rough" guide.

Do you have a link to your stats on a TT365 website? It'll give people a much better indication of your level (assuming you want that, considering you started this thread).

From experience, it's much harder to convert the UK to US ratings than you think it is.....

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wait, that link covers from 2000 and up as far as USATT. How did you calculate an 1700 rating from that????

You should know that the USATT system seems to be a bit progressive. I'm not sure if that is the right word. But it is not simply linear.

What do I mean? Let's see if I can explain it:

The difference in skill level between 1700-1800 is not the same and nowhere near as much as the difference between 2400-2500 even though both are a difference of 100 rating points. And from 2400-2500 is not as big a jump as 2600-2700.

Not sure if this helps. But it is probably not so easy to gauge the equivalence between USATT rating and UK ranking.

You could be spot on or way off. But what you do know for sure is your level in the UK system. [emoji2]

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus