ZLF or ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Can any one please show me the difference between the Timo boll alc and timo boll zlc ? I am confused about my choice...tell me plz the style that each of them correspond to :D

The ZLF

1229443755-43447000.jpg

The ALC

1229443683-72509400.jpg

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
The thickness of ZLC is about 5.6mm, while the ZLF is about 5.4mm. Weight wise ZLC is approximately 5g heavier than ZLF. I feel that the ZLF is softer and provide extra dwell time than ZLC, which makes ZLC faster than ZLF. The F indicates Fibre in the composition of the blade, which has an elastic characteristics...while ZLC indicates a combination of Carbon and ZL Fibre.

I also feel that ZLF provides better control thus allowing more spin, maybe because of the increased dwell time, while the ZLC though it generates a little less spin, it compensates by providing more speed. The rubber I used for both blades were Stiga Calibra LT Plus (FH) and Stiga BoostsTP (BH). I prefer the ZLC as it suits my style of play, but it still not as fast as my Stiga NCT Hybrid Wood.:)

Hope the info helps buddy.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I noticed you put a photo of the InnerForce blades but are asking about the Timo Blades. Is that right?

It might be the particular blades I used but I felt both the Timo Boll ALC and the Timo Boll ZLF. The ZLF felt like it had more dwell time, more snap, it was softer, more control for short game, and at the same time was faster. But it lost something in power as I got farther away from the table. That was the only place where the ALC felt better to me. It felt more solid. But both are great blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
Mar 2011
Sorry mate, it was 4.30am when I wrote that post..I was darn sure that you wanted ZLC hehehe

ALC is a composition where fibre called vectran and carbon are weaved together. Carbon provides speed, while the fibre absorbs loads of vibration. It also provides extra spin. As physical difference goes, I feel it is slightly heavier than ZLF and also slightly faster, though not as quick as ZLC. ZLF provides you more dwell time significantly. I also personally feel that ALC is more flexible than ZLF and I find in a slow game/short game ALC is a little harder to control.

Again I used the same rubbers that I mentioned above.

says Only attack!!!!!!
says Only attack!!!!!!
Oct 2010
hi guys i play with zlf with tenergy25 and the blade have more control from alc .better block, better answers at the opponets serves play better near to the table and gives a lot of spin is a loopmachine .the alc is faster plays better far from the table, better smash this blade is similar with tbs so fix better for players with up level.i prefer zlf.so my friend if you are intremedial player take the zlf and make a lot practise on your hits if your lever is better the alc is for you this is my opinion. i hope to help you!!!!! sorry from my english is not so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the problem that on butterflyonline they are telling that the timo boll zlf is faster, and u guys are telling that the timo boll Alc is more powerful !! Anyway thanks, i choosed the alc because u told me it's more powerful for offensive game .
DONT BELIEVE BUTTERFLY! they are not accurate ratings and even made up. for example do u think tenergy is slower than brycce speed? of course not! Ask people who have played with it. :p

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
ZLF has a higher throw and is excellent for backhand.

ZLC is a compromise between ALC and ZLF so pretty good for backhand too but better for forehand (more stable).