Glue suggestions

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Donic Blue Contact, which is a classic thick glue, shreds blades when you try to detach the rubbers. Therefore you would have to seal the blades more heavily than usual if you want to use this glue. This can affect the way the blade plays. I can't recommend it. If you are a person who wants to get glue off the sponge after that, forget it with Blue Contact. You will never get it off. It does adhere well and is easy to use, but the disadvantages of it are considerable.

Finezip tended to clump. I have never used Vario clean but it sounds from things I read as if it behaves like Blue Contact.

I don't recall that MX-P was more difficult to attach than Tenergy 05. I find that Butterfly Free Chack II is perfectly reasonable (and designed for thick pored sponge), even though it is not a thick glue. Two coats on the rubber, one or two on the blade, and attach. It is very easy to use, and the bottle design helps you avoid making a mess. The rubber stays flat and even, and the glue doesn't clump. It doesn't dry too fast or too slow. The rubber attachment stays solid until the rubber is worn out, but then when you remove the rubber it will not damage your blade. The most you might need to do is use a little hairspray on the blade before gluing, and then only if the outer ply of your blade is very soft. With patience you can also remove the glue from the sponge, although I never actually do that myself.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Sorry Baal, but I strongly disagree about glue removal.
ANY glue can be removed from the sponge with a few drops of oil, including Blue Contact and all other mentioned ones.

But nevertheless I prefer the Revolution3 glue which is adhesive enough to bind the porous sponges and still is easy removable, without Oil usage.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Removal of glue from rubber is not that big a deal for me, since I usually glue rubber down and just leave it until I need a fresh sheet. I never tried oil. I am sure you are right that it works, but of course, adding oil to a sponge is certain to change it.

But shredding a blade is a big issue. Blue Contact was really bad for that. And slight sealing is probably not enough.

Revolution 3 was ok, but it seemed like it took a long time to attach a sheet because you needed to use quite a few coats on each surface and it did not dry very quickly. I really don't have that much patience. But it is definitely a glue quite a few people use, and it certainly worked for my large pored sponge. Should work fine for MX-P. But I found it to be harder to use than Free Chack II.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I use one heavy layer of Tear Mender on the sponge and one layer of Vario Clean on blade these days and that has been working good. I get a good bond with Vario Clean and good removing of glue from sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I like the Revolution No3 glue but if you don't want to use too many layers try Donic Vario.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Removal of glue from rubber is not that big a deal for me, since I usually glue rubber down and just leave it until I need a fresh sheet. I never tried oil. I am sure you are right that it works, but of course, adding oil to a sponge is certain to change it.

But shredding a blade is a big issue. Blue Contact was really bad for that. And slight sealing is probably not enough.

Revolution 3 was ok, but it seemed like it took a long time to attach a sheet because you needed to use quite a few coats on each surface and it did not dry very quickly. I really don't have that much patience. But it is definitely a glue quite a few people use, and it certainly worked for my large pored sponge. Should work fine for MX-P. But I found it to be harder to use than Free Chack II.

Totally agreed
[Emoji2]

This user has no status.
Ok so based of the responses gluing seems to be a very complicated job and i have never done it before. I am also scared to mess up my blade and rubber in the procedure. Should i get TT11 to glue the rubber for me? Its funny i have been playing for quite some time now but never attempted to glue cause i was always scared.