Authenticity of Viscaria?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
20160604_162544.jpg20160604_162633.jpg20160604_162714.jpg20160604_162731.jpg

Can anyone kindly please tell me whether this is a genuine Viscaria blade?
The serial number and the box are matched

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Looks like one of the newest ones to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
But the wording seems a little off :(. here are the things that trigger my suspicion
blade should be blades
opened should be opens
the word (less) is position wronged
the back of the Butterfly wording does not have the R with circle

But other than that, it all seems fine, the thickness is correct, handle colour arrangement is correct, even the koto wood match the picture I've look into

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
10375_1_LRG.jpg

Here is a sample picture of a genuine Butterfly Viscaria, the wording arrangement compared to this thread seems different.
Does this have any effect on the genuinity of Viscaria?

says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
Mar 2016
The wording being off is a bad sign. The non genuine blades I have seen also are not printed as crisply as the genuine blades. The edges of the printed characters are ragged and seem like the printer was running out of ink. There will be areas in the Butterfly logo missing ink where the blade shows through.Sometimes there is overspray from the printing process where tiny ink droplets are extending away from the characters giving them fuzzy edges.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Seems genuine to me, it's the latest handle model.

It's pretty easy to tell whether a blade is genuine BTY or not by just looking at the overall quality of the blade. The grain of the wood looks perfect and smooth. the wood plies seems correct from the thickness and overall color (I own TBS, so I just kinda know about it)

For comparison, here's the tag photo of my innerfoce layer ZLC (bought it from megaspin, there's no way it's fake)

ioPEv2Ah.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Sorry for the trouble guys, my fault ;), the blade is 100% genuine, It seems that they have changed the wording position and some spelling for the new Viscaria blade.
Picture please refer to the main source:
http://shop.butterflyonline.com/viscaria-fl

Phew, that gave me a scare....anyway thank you guys for your replies, this thread is close :)