Hurricane 3 Neos Provincial

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what was the difference between Provincial and Commercial? Also what is the difference between Hurricane 3 and 2?

Neo Provincial

dhs-neo-hurricane-3-provincial-orange-sponge.jpg

Neo Commercial

dhs-neo-hurricane-3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Some say the provincial version is softer? i dunno. Dont know a lot about rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I play with provincial and to my knowledge the only difference between commercial and Provincial is what Stian stated. Also, the provincial version is I think 37-39 degree and the commercial is 40-41 generally. I like the softer feel and I generally think soft sponges are much easier to control. I have been playing with Neo III for about 6 months and I love it. Also, I tune my rubber with butterfly Speed Optimizer (Which is really hard to find these days) or Paraffin oil for maximum effect. Hope this helps

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What was said above is the basic details but perhaps more explanation is worth while.

Nittaku makes tons of 3 star balls. The ones that do not pass inspection are sold as Nittaku "Top Balls". They are practice balls. Nobody will confuse the Top Balls for the 3 stars because they are not quite up to snuff. So the ones that just get sold as Hurricane without a listing of something like Provincial or National are not as good even though you cannot 100% put your finger on why. The reason for that is, it is always something different. With the state of quality control on products produced in China, this can be a hit or miss proposition. Every so often you get a rubber that has dead spots in it, or the sponge in one spot is harder, or part of the topsheet is not as tacky. Sometimes you get a pretty good rubber, and you cannot figure out why it did not pass inspection.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It should mean it's commercial Mikeh.95.

@ Moriguchi - You should never pay more than $25.00 for H3 neo provincial. I have it in stock and sell it for $20.00, but I believe a lot of websites retail for much higher. Check out zeropong.com They're out provider and they typically have the best prices on Chinese rubbers.

This user has no status.
I play with provincial and to my knowledge the only difference between commercial and Provincial is what Stian stated. Also, the provincial version is I think 37-39 degree and the commercial is 40-41 generally. I like the softer feel and I generally think soft sponges are much easier to control. I have been playing with Neo III for about 6 months and I love it. Also, I tune my rubber with butterfly Speed Optimizer (Which is really hard to find these days) or Paraffin oil for maximum effect. Hope this helps

Hi Teke101. I would like to know how you are tuning your rubber with PO and how often you do it. I Know that the usual way is to apply some layers on the sponge but I know that it expands the rubber and in 5 days it shrinks back to normal. The reason I am asking you this is because i have used Baby Oil to recover the grip of some rubbers but I have applied the layers on the rubber and the sponge actually sucks it in like in about 30 minutes. It has worked awesome this way and I do not have to worry about the rubber expanding. I want to try both oils in some rubbers that i am waiting to be shipped to my house but I want to know if can apply the Paraffin Oil on the rubber(the top sheet) without harming it. I just bought 2 DHS H3 and 2 DHS TG3 which by the way I have never tried but I am hoping they work well because I have focused on getting my strokes like Ma Long. What I dont know is what rubber I will try first. If I can have any advice for this I would be awesome. Usually I load the ball with lots of spin usually a lot of brushing. I loop a lot and like to vary the speed and spin.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi Teke101. I would like to know how you are tuning your rubber with PO and how often you do it. I Know that the usual way is to apply some layers on the sponge but I know that it expands the rubber and in 5 days it shrinks back to normal. The reason I am asking you this is because i have used Baby Oil to recover the grip of some rubbers but I have applied the layers on the rubber and the sponge actually sucks it in like in about 30 minutes. It has worked awesome this way and I do not have to worry about the rubber expanding. I want to try both oils in some rubbers that i am waiting to be shipped to my house but I want to know if can apply the Paraffin Oil on the rubber(the top sheet) without harming it. I just bought 2 DHS H3 and 2 DHS TG3 which by the way I have never tried but I am hoping they work well because I have focused on getting my strokes like Ma Long. What I dont know is what rubber I will try first. If I can have any advice for this I would be awesome. Usually I load the ball with lots of spin usually a lot of brushing. I loop a lot and like to vary the speed and spin.

Here they do it with sunfloweroil but i's the same :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
ive found hurricane 3 blue sponge but it has 8 edges....does this mean the rubber is fake? :O

DHS release the #21 sponge (blue sponge) for both H3 and Skyline during the change of speed glue ban period. So, it is not fake, unless I remember wrong for H3 (they did release for skyline).

It should mean it's commercial Mikeh.95.

@ Moriguchi - You should never pay more than $25.00 for H3 neo provincial. I have it in stock and sell it for $20.00, but I believe a lot of websites retail for much higher. Check out zeropong.com They're out provider and they typically have the best prices on Chinese rubbers.

I'm not sure if below 25USD one is Neo Provincial or not. Since the regular neo is already between 18-25usd. And there might be that some seller selling the old H3 Provincial and sometimes they pretend it to be Neo version.

I want to try both oils in some rubbers that i am waiting to be shipped to my house but I want to know if can apply the Paraffin Oil on the rubber(the top sheet) without harming it. I just bought 2 DHS H3 and 2 DHS TG3 which by the way I have never tried but I am hoping they work well because I have focused on getting my strokes like Ma Long. What I dont know is what rubber I will try first. If I can have any advice for this I would be awesome. Usually I load the ball with lots of spin usually a lot of brushing. I loop a lot and like to vary the speed and spin.

I would not recommend Paraffin oil on top sheet. What I feel like is that it just mess up the top sheep. I didn;t try baby oil on top sheet, but I don't think I will try it anyway.

As for difference between skyline and hurricane, you can notice alots of difference. For me, I feel like skyline is a little harder than hurricane, it may due to that I didn't tune my skyline, and I don't need to do on it at all. However TG3 is definitely less spinny, compare to hurricane or TG 2

This user has no status.
Thanks for the feedback. I feel the same about the paraffin oil. That is why I wanted to know if anyone had tried it.... Now about applying baby oil on the top sheet the only rubber that I have not seen any improvement at all has been the Butterfly Bryce FX. But I have seen that Tenergy 05, roundell, Narucross Ex, Juic Nanocannon and frienship focus III( this is the one that I have seen the most improvement...) and some other rubbers have had a great improvement in speed and grip. If the Dhs rubbers work great for me I will be getting the ones with blue sponge which claim that are just like the ones that i purchased but already tuned...