Recommending a bat to a beginner.

This user has no status.
Blade should be all or all+, hence yasaka extra and yasaka ma lin extra offensive. Though latter is for advanced level, it can still be used.
Yasaka is good , when it comes to penhold.
Rubbers- can go for yasaka mark v, has been a choice for novice to intermediate players.
You can also have joola mambo h. It has good spin capability.
For rpb, you can either use the above or can go for a little slow, and soft, tibhar rapid soft. This rubber is slow, and has low throw. Hence very good for block learning.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would recommend YE or Yasaka Sweden Extra they call it today
I won't recommend YEO or ma lin extra offensive as in the earlier post - it is simply too heavy and fast for beginner

Since he is a beginner, it all depends on budget.
You can start him off with cheap rubbers and which has spin/control etc
There are tons of them out there.
Backhand for RPB, I would go sightly softer sponge

Reactions: Paccheco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Blade:
**DHS Hao 1 or 2 - 1 is slightly lighter, slower and thinner than 2. Both are designed for RPB. Both are 5-ply wooden blade
**Stiga OC
**Nittaku septear -7-ply hinoki. Slightly faster than 5-ply but because it's hinoki the blade has amazing control.

Since beginner's blade are soft wooden blades, the sponge should be medium to hard.
Low budget - Neo H3 on FH, friendship Aurora or Snipe3 on BH. You can get a pair of rubbers for <$40.

Medium budget - Mark V on FH, Yasaka R7 on BH.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
My friend is looking to get into table tennis and wants to play a spin oriented game with penhold grip. He wants a controllable bat that has a lot of spin. Please recommend me blade + rubber combos. He will be using RBP for his backhand.

you should try the pingskills touch penhold edition
it is made for begginers and comes with yasaka mark v, rakza 7 and tenergy 05 options
absolutely reccomend

Reactions: Lucas Nascimento
you should try the pingskills touch penhold edition
it is made for begginers and comes with yasaka mark v, rakza 7 and tenergy 05 options
absolutely reccomend

Good recomendation!

@iJaymez1

A good option also, in my opinion, is to try some chinese rubbers and blade, as they are way cheaper than famous brand equipment and can provide the quality needed for him to build up the strokes and fundamentals.

After that, as he continues improving, he could opt for other equipment, based on what he and his coach think that lacks in his current bat.

Personally, I'd recommend a pair of 729/Friendship General rubber, as they have a nice speed for begginers and a very good spin and control, and for blade I'd recommend an also 729/Friendship C3 or C2 blade. Specially C3, ALL+/OFF- all wood blade, 5 plies, great dwell time and sense.

@iJaymez1

Just complementing, if you know Aliexpress website, you can buy from this vendor: http://pt.aliexpress.com/store/202364

I buy my rubbers and blade there, the price is very good, they send worldwide and it arrived veeeery fast here in Brazil!

It's worthy to take a look ;)

says You can check my YT channel here...
says You can check my YT channel here...
Sep 2013
Read 2 reviews
The thing is to not choose a to fast blade from the start. For example if a blaade have carbon wood in it, then you won't get the same time and feeling with the ball as if it would have been a softer wood on it. And also if you have a to fast blade you will have a hard time getting the proper technique since you don't get that extra feeling with the ball wich is necessary if u want to be able to push and smash the ball in a good way. Just like Xu Xin, even the fact that he is one of the worlds greatest player right now he still plays with a much softer blade than most of the top 10 in the world. That's because he is the one who plays with the most spin in the world and he wants to control the ball more and he wants that extra 0.5 seconds that Ma long doesn't get.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Inexpensive Chinese blades that would be excellent for a beginner:

Yinhe/Galaxy 896 blade
Yinhe/Galaxy W6 blade

For a little more money you have loads of great blades that would be good for a beginner from all the major brands. Here are some, in no particular order:

1) Stiga Allround Evolution
2) Stiga Allround Classic
3) Stiga Offensive Classic
4) Yasaka Sweden Extra
5) Nexy Peter Pan
6) Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon
7) Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

There are loads more. Most of those are pretty reasonably priced. But I put a couple that are on the slightly more expensive side of things.

As for rubbers, inexpensive Chinese rubbers would be fine. 729 rubbers are fine. So would something like Dawei 2008XP.

Or your friend could go with classic Japanese rubbers like Butterly Sriver or Sriver FX; or Yasaka Mark V. Or you could go with an older generation ESN rubber like Xiom Vega Pro or Europe.

The rubbers on FH and BH should be the same or same but slightly softer on BH. But they shouldn't be very different for a beginner. Like you wouldn't want 729 on one side and Vega Pro on the other.

With that in mind the rubbers could be paired with any of the blades.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
good idea
that will get him used to Chinese style tacky rubbers and he can advance to the hurricane rubbers when he gets better
but if he uses Chinese rubbers he should probably use a stiga blade like the stiga allround classic
If you have a bit of money I highly recommend Sanwei Target National ~$30USD. The blue sponge is medium soft with a tacky topsheet. It's slower than hurricane but has enormous control. It can be very fast if you have the right technique. Hitting, looping, close or far, blocking and chopping are effortless.

The best of all - the sponge is the porous type which means no boosting needed.

Check out the review.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk