says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Japan Open has now come to a close. The worlds best players now head across the water to this weeks Korean Open which will see a similar seeding to last weeks World Tour. The Korea Open 2016 will take place in the city of Incheon and begins on the 22nd June and concludes on the 26th June. This super World Tour series has a strong line up with CHINA's Ma Long leading the men's singles standings.

Total number of entries so far is: 171

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Live matches from the Korea Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has entered the Korea Open as the #1 seed.

malonggermanopen2015.jpg

Ma Long no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

timobollrio2016olympics.jpg

Germany's Timo Boll enters the Korea Open as the #8 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Ma Long
02) Fan Zhendong
03) Xu Xin
04) Zhang Jike
05) Jun Mizutani
06) Chuang Chih Yuan
07) Wong Chun Ting
08) Timo Boll
09) Fang Bo
10) Marcos Freitas
11) Tang Peng
12) Lee Sang Su
13) Maharu Yoshimura
14) Yan An
15) Jeoung Youngsik
16) Joo Saehyuk

Women Singles Seeds

liushiwenkuwaitopen2016.jpg

China's Liu Shiwen enters the Korea Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Liu Shiwen
02) Ding Ning
03) Zhu Yuling
04) Kasumi Ishikawa
05) Feng Tianwei
06) Ai Fukuhara
07) Han Ying
08) Mima Ito
09) Miu Hirano
10) Jeon Jihee
11) Wu Yang
12) Suh Hyowon
13) Cheng I-Ching
14) Yu Mengyu
15) Shan Xiaona
16) Yang Haeun

For full player entries click here.

Live matches from the Korea Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

What a great few weeks of table tennis! The line up for this years Korean Open is huge! For many players, the Korea Open is the last chance to gain crucial ranking points for the Rio Olympic seeding. Timo Boll who did not enter last weeks Japan Open has confirmed his place at this weeks Korea Open via Facebook. Who will be crowned champion? Will Fan Zhendong repeat success? Perhaps World Number 1 Ma Long will prove his seeding. Zhang Jike will be looking to go one step further than last week in Japan. China have entered an additional two players, Fang Bo and Yan An who will make it even harder for the rest of the world to progress forward in the draw. Japan's Jun Mizutani will be looking to find form and get some big wins. Marcos Freitas, Tang Peng and Lee Sang Su complete the top 12 seeding and will difficult contenders to beat.

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions and join us in the live chat in the ITTF Live Streaming!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Ok so what are the chances of Timo Boll or even anyone else to be in the quartel final when there are not just the 4 chinese that played in Japan Open but also Fang Bo if that wasn't enough lol so good luck beating ML,ZJK,XX,FZD.
Most likely we'll see the same 4 players in the 1/4 as it was in Japan Open but perhaps different order.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ok so what are the chances of Timo Boll or even anyone else to be in the quartel final when there are not just the 4 chinese that played in Japan Open but also Fang Bo if that wasn't enough lol so good luck beating ML,ZJK,XX,FZD.
Most likely we'll see the same 4 players in the 1/4 as it was in Japan Open but perhaps different order.

I was talking to user 'Tom TTD' after training about this yesterday. Now Timo Boll is in the mix how far will he get. I think it would be great for the fans for Timo to reach the semi final to break up the Chinese top 4. I think Timo will get to the quarters atleast, he has been training hard it seems preparing for Rio so I am sure he is getting back into top shape. Its a difficult one because no one from China seem to be playing weak at the moment. This should be a great event that's for sure!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Not only is Timo one of the players who could cause an upset if he plays well, so could Joo Se Hyuk. If he plays to his top level he can cause any of the Chinese problems. I think if any two players were to upset the Chinese it would be Timo or Joo. I think it would be more exciting for us fans if the Chinese dominance was thwarted in this event.

This user has no status.
Last super series before Rio, revenge is the best dish served cold lolz ML :)
Lolz, that could hapen. But he was defeated in semis in japan open, olz. How miserable that was for world rank 1 and rio favourite,and the one who is currently in his best shape, lolz.

P.S I adore Ma Long but hate blind ML supporters who don't see good in other players.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 6 reviews
I was talking to user 'Tom TTD' after training about this yesterday. Now Timo Boll is in the mix how far will he get. I think it would be great for the fans for Timo to reach the semi final to break up the Chinese top 4. I think Timo will get to the quarters atleast, he has been training hard it seems preparing for Rio so I am sure he is getting back into top shape. Its a difficult one because no one from China seem to be playing weak at the moment. This should be a great event that's for sure!

This will be An interesting one I think . Hopefully Timo can make the semis for a bit of variety . But wouldn't surprise me if we have an all Chinese semis again

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Looking at the line up, Timo has no chance to make it into Quarter finals. Young Koreans and Japs too strong to not count them off. Also, Fang Bo is also present. All top 4 will be there for semis. Chuang is sometimes unreliable, Marcos shocks the world every once in a while; And there is Mizutani consitently making to semis or quarters depending upon the number of chinese in the Open. It is so shocking to know for all that consistent play by Mizutani, He has never won against Jike, long, Xin. Wow, he's got a iron chin to keep going even for the fact that he is not able to beat them in being so long in his successful careet. Man that hurts

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
It is shocking to see Anton Kallberg losing to the retarded kid. This kid is using mind games and somehow got into Anton's head it seems. Last time when Waldner spoke, he said Kallberg is a very promising player for Sweden to make it big.

This kid is too strong with those blocks much like Waldner and very unique in his own style. I watched that video of the kid playing against Ma Long, though ML was not hundred percent in that game, the Kid still managed to match the speed of ML. His reflex is on part with top 10. That amazes me that some people are lucky to reach that level with very much less training compared to all those pros.

But, my prediction is that when top pro's adjust themselves to the demoralizing scream, the kid will have problems with his own head cos it aint working.

Reactions: BeGo